Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't forgotten about everyone. I've just been very busy and the threads that I'm subscribed to have kind of died off, so since I'm not getting many notification emails, I tend to forget to check in. But today I made myself a salad so pretty that I had to take a pic of it and share it here.

Beauty of a salad, Linda. I loooove shrimp salads. What kind of dressing did you use? :yum:

Beauty of a salad, Linda. I loooove shrimp salads. What kind of dressing did you use? :yum:

Thanks for the compliment :)

I used a combination of light Ranch and Sweet Honey Catalina. I only like a little bit of dressing because I don't like to drown my foods. But I've always loved the combination of ranch and honey French or anything similar to honey French.

I think you're right MsM. It's the shape of it that threw me.

It's called a Tri Tip ... also Bottom Butt ...

aaaa.jpg

I personally don't know one cut of meat from another, since I don't eat much red meat at all. Although I *am* able to recognize a t-bone :LOL:

It's called a Tri Tip ... also Bottom Butt ...

View attachment 34934

It's funny, Kayelle, that you didn't recognize a tri-cut, since you grill them frequently ;) Does it really look that different from the ones you get?

It sure looks different from the hundreds of tri tips I've known. For one thing, it's trimmed of every bit of fat and I've never seen it shaped like a wedge as seen in the dinner picture. It's pretty much a thick, but flat piece of meat. BTW, a bottom butt is not the same as a tri tip.

Well, like it or not, my post is correct !

Untrimmed, the tri-tip weighs around 5 pounds; this one, as I recall, was about 2 1/2 pounds... Trimmed, obviously...

Not necessary Kayelle ....... I wasn't offended at all, and I,m sorry if it came off that way........ now, my Amish Butcher might have been ...........:LOL:

Le Mudbugs!

36788-albums1121-picture8005.jpg

Craig, the only thing I have ever heard about mud bugs is that you tear the head off and suck on it. Is there even any meat in them? And why the head? When I have a New England lobster there is enough meat in just one for at least two people.

Craig, the only thing I have ever heard about mud bugs is that you tear the head off and suck on it. Is there even any meat in them? And why the head? When I have a New England lobster there is enough meat in just one for at least two people.

What is in the head is this buttery substance that some people love, and others find kinda' gross. I love it, but it is very rich. You suck the head, and pinch the tail. Pinching the tail makes the tail meat slide right out of the shell and into your mouth.

A crawfish boil is as much a social event as it is a meal. It is like a New England clam bake, in that respect. You do as much talking as you do eating.

CD

Taken from a couple of sources - the head of the crawfish:

The bright yellow to orange crawfish “fat” squeezed from the heads and sticking to the tail meat is not fat in the usual sense, she says. It actually is an organ in the head called the hepatopancreas that functions much like the liver in other animals.

The moisture and the flavor is all in the head. The head is the essence of life.... In terms of flavor, the hepatopancreas (often called “crawfish butter”) is sort of like what foie gras would taste like if it came from the sea.

I'd love to try that.

Taken from a couple of sources - the head of the crawfish:

The bright yellow to orange crawfish “fat” squeezed from the heads and sticking to the tail meat is not fat in the usual sense, she says. It actually is an organ in the head called the hepatopancreas that functions much like the liver in other animals.

The moisture and the flavor is all in the head. The head is the essence of life.... In terms of flavor, the hepatopancreas (often called “crawfish butter”) is sort of like what foie gras would taste like if it came from the sea.

I'd love to try that.

That is a great description. It is a lot like butter. I can't suck the head, which is what you actually do, on every crawfish I eat. Even though you don't get much from each "head," it is too rich for me to eat a lot of it.

CD

Linda, I've also heard that it's a delicacy. It just sounds kind of weird to suck the innards out of a crawfish head...:ermm::)

It is not what you might imagine. You basically inhale it, and get mostly air. What little comes out is not "guts." It is hard to describe. You just have to try it.

CD

Back
Top Bottom