Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Linda, I've also heard that it's a delicacy. It just sounds kind of weird to suck the innards out of a crawfish head...:ermm::)

It is not what you might imagine. You basically inhale it, and get mostly air. What little comes out is not "guts." It is hard to describe. You just have to try it.

CD

I've seen Andrew Zimmern do this on a few occasions (I'm a Bizarre Foods addict). He swears it's the best part.

ribs_052819_IMG_5850.jpg

A pic of my Southern Fried Catfish, which I'm having for lunch today, in fact. This is an older pic.

Attachments

• Southern Fried Catfish.jpg
    Southern Fried Catfish.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 75
The first diner meal I had when moving from Cali, back to Missouri was Southern Fried Catfish.. :)

It is so good and made so much better than in Cali.... :yum:

Ross

I love the stuff. I'm having it now and it's so good.

Our main home was in Dublin, Ohio, but we also had a place at Lake Erie, which is where we would spend our summers when my sister and I were kids. So practically growing up there, we ate a lot of catfish and walleye. We caught perch as well, but I was never crazy about lake perch. I like ocean perch. Cleaner taste and not as fishy.

Those shows are extremely cool to watch, with the lengths they go to in order to make the food look perfect.

Sara Moulton started out as a food stylist for Julia Child. It was her job to make the food picture perfect. Every so often you can catch her fussing with one of her plates after she has cooked it on her own show. Old habits and training are hard to break.

Being a food stylist is a real art - and an art of deception. My supervisor, when I did food demos at Buehlers Fresh Foods back in the 1990s, had worked in Des Moines for Hearst, I think. She was a recipe developer there. In spite of the fact that she could put ingredients together that would result in a delicious dish, she thought that the food stylists had it all over the chefs. The stories she would tall about how they made the food look so appealing...and completely inedible.

Being a food stylist is a real art - and an art of deception. My supervisor, when I did food demos at Buehlers Fresh Foods back in the 1990s, had worked in Des Moines for Hearst, I think. She was a recipe developer there. In spite of the fact that she could put ingredients together that would result in a delicious dish, she thought that the food stylists had it all over the chefs. The stories she would tall about how they made the food look so appealing...and completely inedible.

That's very true. And it's definitely deceptive. But I think it would still be an interesting job, creating things that nobody can really eat :LOL:

Those look good. Were the Scoops baked first?

It's funny a post was made here today because I was just taking a pic of my lunch I'm currently eating. Picked up an 8-ball zucchini from the farm market yesterday.

Attachments

• 20190727_120236.jpg
    20190727_120236.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom