Pics of your own food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
..... seems like every year they've expanded the markets ........ they'll get to Va. sooner or later.... a friend of mine tells me he's got a new one, in western Ohio

Wait for it !

Apple dumplings

Apple Dumpling 004.jpg

Apple Dumpling 006.jpg

Oh and speaking of baking, this was my attempt at making homemade hoagie rolls. The ones at the bottom obviously 'fused' themselves together during the baking process, but these were fabulous and made great sandwiches and I was quite proud of them. See, baking isn't something I do often because I just don't enjoy it, to be honest. I love to cook; it's been a passion of mine for many years. But when it comes to baking, forget it. One, I just don't have the desire for it. And two, I'm not that good at it. I can screw up a package of "slice and bake" cookies :LOL:

Attachments

• Hoagie Rolls.jpg
    Hoagie Rolls.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 86
Oh and speaking of baking, this was my attempt at making homemade hoagie rolls. The ones at the bottom obviously 'fused' themselves together during the baking process, but these were fabulous and made great sandwiches and I was quite proud of them. See, baking isn't something I do often because I just don't enjoy it, to be honest. I love to cook; it's been a passion of mine for many years. But when it comes to baking, forget it. One, I just don't have the desire for it. And two, I'm not that good at it. I can screw up a package of "slice and bake" cookies :LOL:

Linda, every time you say something like that, I think "my gawd, this woman speaks my language". The other examples of the same are many. :mrgreen:

Linda, every time you say something like that, I think "my gawd, this woman speaks my language". The other examples of the same are many. :mrgreen:

You know what's funny is when I tell people I don't like to bake, they find it odd and say, "I thought you loved cooking."

And I tell them I do. I just don't like baking. To me they're two completely different animals.

I'm not that great with the BBQ thing. I always let my son's dad handle the BBQ. However, if I was having steak, that I always had to cook myself because I like my steak medium-rare (maybe a little more rare than medium) and I didn't trust anyone else to cook it for me.

Regular No Knead Bread

no_knead_092012_1_P1090581.JPG

Sliced

no_knead_slice_092012_2_P1090584.JPG

No Knead Bread using whey drained from homemade yogurt instead of water

no_kneed_whey_bread_030817_P1100005.jpg

Sliced

no_kneed_whey_bread_sliced_030817_P1100012.jpg

Those both look yummy, msm.

You know what's funny is when I tell people I don't like to bake, they find it odd and say, "I thought you loved cooking."

And I tell them I do. I just don't like baking. To me they're two completely different animals.
I like to think of baking as science, cooking as art. With baking, following the directions to the letter and measuring accurately are important for successful and consistent results. When it comes to cooking, unless you are a firm believer that a recipe must be followed exactly to be authentic, it's perfectly acceptable to adjust to personal taste or mix things up to make it a little different.

When it comes to food prep, I'm more of a right-brained kind of girl. I like to color outside of the lines. ;)

Regular No Knead Bread

View attachment 33019

Sliced

View attachment 33020

No Knead Bread using whey drained from homemade yogurt instead of water

View attachment 33021

Sliced

View attachment 33022

I want to slice into that and smear it with butter while it's still nice and warm.

Beautiful.

Those both look yummy, msm.

I like to think of baking as science, cooking as art. With baking, following the directions to the letter and measuring accurately are important for successful and consistent results. When it comes to cooking, unless you are a firm believer that a recipe must be followed exactly to be authentic, it's perfectly acceptable to adjust to personal taste or mix things up to make it a little different.

When it comes to food prep, I'm more of a right-brained kind of girl. I like to color outside of the lines. ;)

When I make a recipe for the first time, I try and follow it the best I can, but I always find myself tweaking stuff. It's like a habit that I can't resist doing.

Summer here so we are going to,sons for dinner, I'm taking salad and new potatoes just dug from the garden, cliff kidney brand. These are spuds, the skin just falls off http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33023&stc=1&d=1547334799

Russ

Summertime there, eh? Opposite here. We've got 4 inches of snow on the ground and we're expecting another 1-2 inches before it's all said and done. I'm loving it :)

Nice spuds. I miss growing my own food. I just don't have the time and the energy anymore, not to mention the space.

I'm not that great with the BBQ thing. I always let my son's dad handle the BBQ. However, if I was having steak, that I always had to cook myself because I like my steak medium-rare (maybe a little more rare than medium) and I didn't trust anyone else to cook it for me.

Same here, Linda. I love a good grilled ribeye, and probably use my Weber grill more than I use the oven. :chef:

Attachments

• grilled ribeye and roasted veggies.jpg
    grilled ribeye and roasted veggies.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 124
I was just going through some of my old files, and came across this -- a Sausage Eggs Benedict. I have to make this again. It was incredible.

The sausage "patty" was actually a slice of a sausage "fatty," which is a chub of breakfast sausage smoked on the Weber Kettle. I probably used apple wood, since that is my go-to wood for pork.

CD

Attachments

• FattyMoney.jpg
    FattyMoney.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 138

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom