Pineapple upsidedown cake, part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I took the advice of a number of my dear DC friends and bought a cast iron skillet to make my pudc. The results were great! Now..my only problem - the pan is 13" across and about 3" deep. I can double the recipe for the cake part and it cooks quite well, but if I double the amount of butter and b sugar for the top, it is too much. I know I can experiment to find the right ratio but pineapple here is a bit expensive now. Can anyone make any educated guesses about how much of each to use? or give me some guiding principles? For example, if I cover the bottom of the skillet with brown sugar and pack it firmly, the brown sugar should be ??" thick?

Last edited:
I took the advice of a number of my dear DC friends and bought a cast iron skillet to make my pudc. The results were great! Now..my only problem - the pan is 13" across and about 3" deep. I can double the recipe for the cake part and it cooks quite well, but if I double the amount of butter and b sugar for the top, it is too much. I know I can experiment to find the right ratio but pineapple here is a bit expensive now. Can anyone make any educated guesses about how much of each to use? or give me some guiding principles?

Make 1-1/2 recipe.

Back
Top Bottom