Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm with Andy. I use my toaster oven for a lot of things that a microwave would only screw-up.

Something that can use a dry "re-heat" use the toaster oven.

Bob

I use both for pizza. The cold pizza goes into the microwave for a few seconds to take off the chill and then into the toaster oven (set to toast) for another minute or two. The result is perfect - crisped up crust, hot bubbly cheese, no leather - anywhere.

Last edited:
frying pan. with the lid on and after it is heated and the lid off ,I like the crust to stay crisp.

Another vote for the toaster oven. I couldn't live without mine.
Well I could, but I wouldn't like it!

the microwave...sprinkle a few drops of water on the pizza, cover, and heat on re-heat level (8) for 20 seconds...feel the bottom of the plate, reheat at 10 second intervals until hot

Jus like chilichip. Always in a pan on top of the

stove. Nice crispy crust.

I had heard about it in a pan on top of the stove and tried it. Seemed to make the bottom tough.
I usually just warm it in the oven. Haven't owned a toaster oven in years, so I just use my regular.

cold or frying pan. microwave tastes rubbery to me.

Don't use them. :)

You don't use pizzas or leftovers? :LOL::LOL:

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

For breakfast I eat my leftover pizza cold. If I do want to heat it I use the oven or toaster oven just until the cheese is melted again.

Edit to say Chefkathleen, I just saw your second post above and realize you were probably talking about microwaves or toaster ovens!

Last edited:
LOL@LP. Wish I never had to use leftovers sometimes.
My mom was the kind of person that would buy a 20lb turkey for 3 ppl and we'd eat leftovers forever!
I was just wondering about this yesterday as we had had pizza the night before and were having what was left for lunch the next day.
Seems as if there's as many ways to reheat pizza as there is ways to make mac & cheese. :LOL:

LOL@LP. Wish I never had to use leftovers sometimes.
My mom was the kind of person that would buy a 20lb turkey for 3 ppl and we'd eat leftovers forever!
I was just wondering about this yesterday as we had had pizza the night before and were having what was left for lunch the next day.
Seems as if there's as many ways to reheat pizza as there is ways to make mac & cheese. :LOL:
mac and cheese PIZZA!! yummy

stomach acid, usually.
Otherwise, microwave.

If I didnt reheat in the microwave, it wouldnt get used, LOL

Hmmm, new ideas for leftover pizza.......you got me thinking here.

- scrape all the toppings off the crust, add a little more sauce, heat in microwave and pour over noodles? (could even put garlic butter on crust and put in the oven for instant garlic toast.

- cut off the hard crust edge , roll up from wide end, secure with toothpick, bake and you have pizza crescents?

- turn one piece on top of another, insert in your grill and come out with a pizza panini?

- leave cold, julienne and put over lettuce and other veggies, top with Italian dressing for a pizza salad?

Just a thought :rolleyes::chef:;):LOL:

Hmmm, new ideas for leftover pizza.......you got me thinking here.

- scrape all the toppings off the crust, add a little more sauce, heat in microwave and pour over noodles? (could even put garlic butter on crust and put in the oven for instant garlic toast.

- cut off the hard crust edge , roll up from wide end, secure with toothpick, bake and you have pizza crescents?

- turn one piece on top of another, insert in your grill and come out with a pizza panini?

- leave cold, julienne and put over lettuce and other veggies, top with Italian dressing for a pizza salad?

Just a thought :rolleyes::chef:;):LOL:
make my garlic bread (butter) , butter a loaf of french bread and place under broiler till brown and crispy, remove from oven and top with favorite pizza toppings, place back in oven under broiler till cheese is melted and golden. viola!! garlic bread pizza a la MSM!!

make my garlic bread (butter) , butter a loaf of french bread and place under broiler till brown and crispy, remove from oven and top with favorite pizza toppings, place back in oven under broiler till cheese is melted and golden. viola!! garlic bread pizza a la MSM!!

Sounds good, but I was trying to come up with ways to change pizza that is already made to save Chef Kathleen from her fear of leftovers! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom