Pizza Dough Flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scattergun2570

Assistant Cook
I have seen recipes that mix AP Flour with Bread Flour.. what is the advantage to this mix?

more airy/softer pizza due to lower gluten level than using only bread flour. I just experienced this last week.

AP flour is lower protein flour than bread flour. Protein forms gluten in dough. Higher gluten content gives you a chewier crust.

You would mix AP flour with bread flour if you think your crust is too chewy made with bread flour only. or If you make a crust with just AP flour and feel it's too soft, you would add in some bread flour to make it more chewy.

more airy/softer pizza due to lower gluten level than using only bread flour. I just experienced this last week.

Well in my case I use only AP flour..so adding a cup of bread flour to 2 cups or so of AP flour does what exactly?

Well in my case I use only AP flour..so adding a cup of bread flour to 2 cups or so of AP flour does what exactly?
it makes the dough more stretchy (hand stretching friendly) and the end product more chewy than your pure AP flour pizza

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom