PIZZA super EZ for dirt cheap,.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaxRomana

Assistant Cook
Thought I would make my 1st contribution with this snazzy n ez pizza recipe..:chef::

My big thank you n gratitude for Regina Canada & the cooking channel for revolutionizing making pizza at home with whatever you have in the fridge n pantry. Bon appetite folks...

seriouseats.com/2014/10/…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Hmm,.. I tried multiple pics but it only do one at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Welcome to DC. This is a crazy fun place to spend your time. Go to "Today's Funny". If you are feeling down, it will certainly cheer you up. Even if you don't want to cheer up. You will have no choice.

Next go to the "Chicken Chronicles." Talking chickens and a Big Chicken that lives in the Big House.

But best of all are the recipes. Along with all the chatter about food, glorious food! :angel:

Hi Pax. Welcome to DC.

The link worked for me. I'm looking forward to trying this. I even have all the ingredients. Thanks for the inspiration.

There used to be a "Mexican" place here that served what they called a Fajizza. They must have had a special flour tortilla made for them, about a 1/4" thick. Those were really great. They also had a business out of Canada, shipping prescription drugs to customers in the US. Didn't work out to well and they lost the restaurant.

welcome pax.

do you know what your name means ?

pax alone means peace in latin, the kiss of peace in christianity, or a period of time when there are no wars such as your name, the pax romana in the 1st and 2nd centuries. although it's sort of short sighted in that wasn't accounting for asia or the americas.

anyway, the pizzadilla looks pretty cool. i just wish the guy that wrote the article didn't say "greasy" to describe a pizza. that means they're using cheap cheese.

i'm gonna try this (with good cheese :chef:).

welcome pax.

do you know what your name means ?

pax alone means peace in latin, the kiss of peace in christianity, or a period of time when there are no wars such as your name, the pax romana in the 1st and 2nd centuries. although it's sort of short sighted in that wasn't accounting for asia or the americas.

anyway, the pizzadilla looks pretty cool. i just wish the guy that wrote the article didn't say "greasy" to describe a pizza. that means they're using cheap cheese.

i'm gonna try this (with good cheese :chef:).
My dearest Bucky,..what I did was throw my dictionary up in the air, when it comes down I take a sharpie, closed my eyes & stuck the marker down so where ever the sharpie lands on the page that's the word I would choose. :ROFLMAO:

Ok seriously now just on top my head no referring to my history books I will match yours & raise it with my own: Pax Romana aka the golden era, with under the dominant reign of Augustus the son of Caesar the longest peaceful period of 200 years of no blood shed.

Augustus aka Octavian was even more prolific than his dad, conquering n expanding the great Roman Empire until decadence, greed, ego, excessive wealth, feuding among the high ranks brought down the empire.

That along with barbaric invasions from war mongers Germanic tribes, one in particular the great Attila the Hun brought down a placid Roman Empire. What goes up must go down applies to great civilizations as well LOL.

So how was my take Bucky? Not too shabby yes? ;) Ok, I should let you know ancient history was my favorite class in college n was the only times I passed with A grade. I hated college btw, still have reoccurring nightmares about the long late night cramming for midterms n essays.

Now back to pizza, yes I know that guy was strange 1st by stealing that recipe from the Regina pizza owner & kept saying greasy when using pepperoni. I haven't eaten pepp since a kid cause it does make the pizza greasy even with fresh mozzarella.

But with ingredients < than $1, you can afford to spruce it up with buffalo mozzarella, artichoke hearts, clams,,etc. it's really so simple yet genius since a flour tortilla contains flour n water just like pizza dough right? Tortillas r even cheaper than bread or ramen as well. And I just never liked that Boboli either.

I'm still baffled it took this long for this to come out, where was this recipe when I was a broke starving student eating nasty Banquet frozen dinners made for infants LOL remember those red boxes 10 for $10. :LOL:

Last edited:
very cool, pax. excellent descriptions, although history is written by the victors, and i doubt germanians just sat back all of those years not too long after the rubicon was crossed. nor did the caledonians in britain, or hadrian wouldn't have a need for his wall.
i think the "pax" was more internal to the roman empire than on or beyond it's borders. as you know, the roman empire stank of civil wars, betrayals, and otherwise untrustworthy power mongers that were probably just your relatives in the years before and after the pax romana.

also, i mentioned that calling it a golden age was sort of short sighted as other wars and subjections were going on outside of the roman empire such as the conflict between the han and chin dynasties in china (hmm, it wasn't called china yet. asia maybe?) and the regional conficts in pre-comlumbian mesoamerica. this is not to mention what (might) have been happening in africa or southern asia.

"can't we all just get along" ranks up there with "ask not what your country can do for you..." imo.
one from a simple man, the other from a great president. both of equal value.

anywho, back to "ah beetzah". i agree that there ain't no gettin' around grease in a pepperoni pie.

have you ever tried sausage, peppers, and onion pie? it's like the best of both worlds: pizza and a sausage and peppers hero.

i bought a few of those, plus a dozen of extra of plain pies, and pies with various toppings at my little league baseball team's end of season party to celebrate our victory (i get to say that :D).
i figured the parents, whom i asked to eat first while the kids were having water ballon fights, would go for the plain or simple pies . once the kids got their dirty mitts on the pizza, game over.
bur the parents killed off the sausage and pepper pies in an instant. it's really great stuff.

or how about mussels on a pizza using the sauce that the mussels were cooked in, plus the mussels on top? i know people eat clam pies, but i think the clams get overcooked unless you just use bellies. mussels stay soft for the most part.

finally, how about sunny side up eggs on pizza? weird but good.

oops, i kinda got away from pizzadillas. well, try my suggestions with those.

my.mom made wonderful pizzas on pitas or english muffins as she was trying to feed 6 kids on a tight budget.

i'll have to make a pizzadilla for my parents for old timey sakes.

thanks for the link, and moreso for the chat. i hope you stick around. some really great people here.
except for that guy name chief longwind. i know he'll have to out do me in his next post. and just what is his claim to chief-dom? all in his mind, methinks. ;)

again, welcome to dc. home of the folks who write each others history in pms. just kidding, everyone. :)

Last edited:
oh, and choosing a name by chucking a dictionary in the air? i think some folks across the internet use the google option "feeling lucky?" to choose their name lol.

sorta like going to the racetrack and betting on a horse because you like the colour of their silks. :huh:

If I recall, some Joisey kid tagged me wit da name - Chief Longwind of the North.

I am not nearly as longwinded as my tag might suggest. What I enjoy talking about is music, physics, scientific topics in general, philosophy, and of course, all things culinary.

Watch that upstart Joisey kid. He's fairly well versed, but needs humbling every now and again, just like me.;)

Actually we all like to poke a bit of fun every now and again. But what we enjoy most, is helping sort out problems, especially about cooking. But we'll talk about most anything, except religion, politics, etc., especially because we all are a passionate group, and such topics are full of landmines.

Ok, I've reached my word limit now. I'm going on to other posts.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Buck,..I've always like that nickname which is also a nickname for money. Has a nice ring to it

I hope u know I was just being feticious about throwing dictionary in the air. ;)

Sausage, meatball, Canadian bacon oh heck yes. Much less greasy than pepp, although I often day dream of the large pepp pizzas special $5.99 at shaky's, straw hat, round table in late 7Os.

God I miss those days,..can't wait til them scientists finish with the darn time machine. I'm jumping back to 75,..get that Carl's jr famous star when beef tasted like beef n of course my 1st love straw hat with pepp, sausage, mushrooms.

That was my go to combinations until came along heartburn n acid reflux during college yrs which put me out of commission to just mushroom pizza. Don't worry this has a happy ending.b:yum:

Ok so after over decade of that torture, gall bladder surgery, tons of useless Rx like Nexium I found my savior called green vibrance. :)

It's a green super supplement with a trinity of :25 billion strains of probiotics, a multivitamin, and digestive enzymes that literally gave me my old life back within days of using it.

At 1st it was daily for few months until my system was 100% now I only need it about 3x a week or as needed like if I'm going to a big bbq or some food party event then I take it before on an empty stomach.

These days I just thank the heavens that I actually have an appetite, eat just about anything greasy or spicy, coke, Italian dressing which before I would get sick and eat teeny portions like an infant cause had no appetite or nausea bloating u name it I had it.

I can handle pepp no problem but no need sausage, meatballs is fine. So if y'all have gut issues like I did and want to eat like your 12 again try it, it won't kill ya but might give your life back. A 60 supply 25gm which i stretch it out to 3 months easy is only $55-60 from Amazon n many others like iherb, vitamin shoppe, etc.

Sorry for the long rant but I wanted to put it out there if it can help anyone I be thrilled had it found this in the 90s when I was a sick miserable puppy. I also had tons of stress from going to college & working full time so that played a big hand in my problems.

So for the young ones out there when your body is breaking down its trying to tell u hey dummy u need to change your lifestyle n if you don't listen make some sort of adjustments it will make more noise by upping your pain LOL.

Me I was stupid kept at it like a hamster on the Ferris wheel running non stop with my blinders on until it nearly killed me, literally it nearly did but that's another movie ok so it's no fun & games. Have to listen, pay attention when your body is talking to you.

Last edited:
oh yeah, i know the pain of a misfunctioning gall bladder. i got a blockage in mine last january and i was doubled over in pain.

before the docs went in, i tried a holistic remedy that worked. a teaspoon of turmeric every 12 hours for a few days. now i like turmeric, but NOT a teaspoon of it. i had to be careful not to inhale any of the powder while i choked it down, literally.

i still get a small "reminder" of my gall bladder once in a while. i'll have to look into the supplement.

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom