PIZZA too wet and undercooked! What to do to improve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't precook my crust but lately I started using a pizza screen instead of the usual stone or cast iron pan I've been using. My crust has been coming out much better using this method.
I was recently at a newly opened Costco Business Center (business & restaurant supplies only and open to all regular Costco members) where I picked up these pizza screens for like a couple of bucks ea. among other pizza making items, real cheap.

I also precook my vegetables & meats. I like that they are dryer & I prefer the taste. Mushrooms get a really strong mushroom taste when I cook them first with a little butter & saute until all the moisture is gone. I also prefer roasted red peppers & caramelized onions, both you need to precook. I prefer to keep my meat grease off my pizza. Nuking the pepperoni is easy & effective. I like to cook my crumbled sausage almost crispy, pat dry & then put on my pizza.

I have worked in a few pizza places where because of volume, we never precooked vegetables or meats. Then again we did not offer roasted red peppers or caramelized onions.

Whenever I do get pizza out, I always dab the grease off the pizza from the pepperoni & sausage with a napkin!

That's the reason you should use a pizza stone... to provide an evenly heated surface, preheated for 30 minutes. Also, most ovens, electric and gas, can reach 500 degrees, and that's all that is needed to produce a very nice pizza in 8 minutes!

...from either the middle or top shelf.
Wow that does'nt take time, I should try it next time. The pizza I usually make, I bake it in 20 minutes, in 400F preheated oven, using aluminium tray.

i have come to admit to myself lol

there are 2 things in the world i just for the life of me CAN NOT make.... pizza being one.... meatloaf being the other... ive TRIED and tried.... the pizza's while everybody else likes them.. i just taste it and go ICK. and well... im not even going to get started on the meatloaf lol.... hats off to all who can cook these things. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom