Pizza toppings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Hi , i am making a pizza this weekend from scratch.

I was thinking of a tomaotey base with some chilli sauce to give it some zing , with the toppings being carmalised red onions , peppers , tomatoes , and mushrooms. With some mixed herbs and garlic.

Do you think the pizza needs anything extra like olives or sweet corn , or chicken tikka pieces.

Thanks for oyur help

all according to taste. pizza is one of those great foods that can taste good with almost anything. if you have the budget, buffalo mozzarella and real parmesan cheese make a huge difference. add some fresh basil leaves after baking as well

Pizza is different for everyone. I enjoy traditional myself, putting chicken, pineapple, corn. etc would make me look for a can of something in the pantry to eat instead. But some people like non-traditional pizza. For me, it's just crust, a spicy red sauce, pepperoni, and lotza motza and I'm good to go :) At most I add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and maybe some Italian sausage.

Remember when adding the veggies to cut them very thin, in my experience, cutting thick results in a very thick pizza that is tough to heat properly. The bigger the pieces, the longer it will have to bake.

For me, it's just crust, a spicy red sauce, pepperoni, and lotza motza and I'm good to go :) At most I add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and maybe some Italian sausage.

I kind of agree w/ that, my staple pizza is thin crispy crust, light on the sauce, "lotza motza" and double pepperoni. BUT, recently I had a pizza w/ ham, onions, mushrooms and pineapple. I was leery, but it was actually pretty good.

I love sliced green olives on a pizza, especially if you have ham on as one of the meats..

Hi , i am making a pizza this weekend from scratch.

I was thinking of a tomaotey base with some chilli sauce to give it some zing , with the toppings being carmalised red onions , peppers , tomatoes , and mushrooms. With some mixed herbs and garlic.

Do you think the pizza needs anything extra like olives or sweet corn , or chicken tikka pieces.

Thanks for your help
a little garlic powder in the dough, feta cheese, and some habenero spice for heat.

I saute onions and peppers together, add some garlic at the end. I also like to julienne the pepperoni and kosher salami. I brown it. sausage, maybe some hamburger with fennel seed. The I layer on a thin crust:
cheese (yes, a first layer)
browned sausage/hamburger
sauteed veggies (you can add whatever you want... artichoke hearts are good, too)
olives (whichever you want)
dollop pizza sauce on top (use sparingly)
more cheese
I cook it on a parbaked, thin crust, then bake again without a pan, right on the oven rack.
For zing, I will also sprinkle the meat/veggie layer with crushed red pepper.

Here is my recipe for pizza sauce.

Sauce

• 6oz can tomato paste
  • 2tsp Sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp Oregano
  • ½ tsp Basil
  • ½ tsp Garlic Powder
  • ½ tsp Horseradish
  • 1/8 tsp All Spice
  • 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
The horseradish adds a bit of that chili sauce taste and the all spice adds some different zip to it. I have also added some ground cloves once or twice.

I come up with this recipe a few weeks ago because some one give me lots of tomato paste.

This is enough for 4 12" pizzas.

Good luck.

P.S. My favorite pizza is italian sausage and jalapenos.

After experementing with number of topicks, I quit. My wife and kids want only cheese pizza. Go cook for people like that, grrrrrrrrr. :chef:

most anything but greeen olives or green peppers is fine with me--will eat them but not like it<lol>
Pizza can almost anything--great use for leftover bbq meats too, some pulled pork with bbq sauce and cheese makes a good pizza

i made my pizza but i couldnt do the dough i will add another post concerning that later.

But my toppings where tomatoe sauce , peppers , red onions , olives , mozarella , tomatoes , with basil on top after cooking it was yum.

I am going to be more adventurous next time , i might add tandorri chicken . What do you guys think

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom