Please give me dinner suggestions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JMHO- you could check into"Whole Food Eating", the "Food pyramid", either USA or Mediterranean. Plan your meals (with food you like) using the "Food Plate Guide". Once you get an idea on what you will be cooking and what you need to buy, then you can start looking for recipes. I hope this helps.:chef:

View attachment 12191
View attachment 12192
View attachment 12193

I almost forgot, Choose lean meat, low fat dairy and low sodium ingredients.

Last edited:
I would probably try a stir fry. Cut you steak into strips and fry with a little oil. Five minutes before it is done toss in (sliced up) onion and bell peppers plus broccoli. Sprinkle on some garlic (soy sauce or chicken broth if you have it).

If you had some tortillas you could make some steak fajitas with sauteed peppers, onion, jalapenos, diced tomato and shredded cheese.

Adding in legumes to your diet can help. It adds fiber, vegetable protein and does not have the fat that meats do. Also buying them dry and cooking from scratch is a very cheap way to eat healthy.

If you want to invest in a cooking pot, get a pressure cooker. Beans once soaked overnight can take as little as 7 minutes to cook.

Soups are a easy, nutritious way to eat as well. Especially with winter coming on. Lentil soups, minestrone, etc. Pack them full of beans and all the veges you can think of (besides salad vege! :)) Soups are also a very forgiving food, recipe wise.

Cut whit rice or swap it for brown rice. Minimize pastas and bump up whole grains. Wheat berries are awesome as a salad or farro in a risotto.

I try and avoid any processed grains such as flour and pasta, but making the complete jump can take some time.

Sweet potatoes are much better for you than white potatoes so when you can, swap potatoes for sweet potatoes.

For a quick dinner meal with steak is a simple pan cook on it, make a quick pan sauce with the fond and then toss in a few veges in the pan (asparagus, bell pepper strips etc) for a couple of minutes a voila, a high protein meaty meal in minutes. With left over steak, the next night slice it super fine and have a massive green salad with streak on top. Yum!

What you should make for dinner is reservations, then subscribe to a couple of healthy eating magazines such as Cooking Light or Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine, which between the two will give you enough healthy recipes to make dinner every day of the month.

If you go to their web sites (click blue text) you'll find they offer free two magazine subscriptions to try them out.

I give up guys. No matter what I do, I ALWAYS COME BACK TO THE SAME FOOD EVERY NIGHT! I am so tired of eating the way I do! I am so tired of not knowing how to cook anything! My refrigerator is stocked full of food, yet I can't even make anything! Every single night I have nothing but either steak or mashed potatos. That isn't healthy at all!!! Why can't I cook anything substantial! I hate this :(

I feel like so helpless.!!

Last edited:
I give up guys. No matter what I do, I ALWAYS COME BACK TO THE SAME FOOD EVERY NIGHT! I am so tired of eating the way I do! I am so tired of not knowing how to cook anything! My refrigerator is stocked full of food, yet I can't even make anything! Every single night I have nothing but either steak or mashed potatos. That isn't healthy at all!!! Why can't I cook anything substantial! I hate this :(

I feel like so helpless.!!

It's hard to help when you are not willing to try recipes, there's no way we can furnish you with a different meal online. You have to try cooking something that someone suggests and learn to read recipes.

You could also check to see if any of the local schools or community centers offer cooking classes in the evening. Taking a class or two might boast your confidence about trying to follow a recipe. .

Back
Top Bottom