"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 12-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
Please HELP???

Howdy, I'm currently the new kid on the block. I have tried to find an answer to my question, but don't seem to see the info I need. If I am posting this in the wrong section, please forgive me, and perhaps staff can move it to the right forum. Anyway, here goes:

I have never in my life baked biscuits. However, tonight I am going to be doing a long time recipe for oven chicken. Very simple, just put chicken breasts in a dish, put cream of chicken soup (without cutting it down,) over it, covering it and baking it at 350 for about an hour. OK, no problem, I've done it a million times. (Well, more or less.)

The kicker is, that I'd like to put together some Bisquick biscuits for the meal tonight. But never having done this before, I notice that the instructions for this are to bake them at 450, for 8 to 10 minutes. I'd like to be baking them, along toward the end of the time the chicken is in the oven.

So, considering the difference in temperature, how do I go about doing this?

Even if I don't get an answer so I can use it tonight, I'd like to know for future reference.

A. Simple Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
Senior Cook
Cook sequentially

If you've got just one oven then put the chicken on the stove top after it's done (on low) while you make the biscuits, or just let it sit for 15 minutes.

Stock Pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Hi, and welcome to DC

The biscuits need to be baked at the higher temperature in order to rise correctly. You ca remove the chicken from the oven when it's done and cover it with foil. It will stay hot for quite a while. If you have a warming drawer, you can put it in there, or if you have a toaster oven, you can set it to 200F and place the chicken dish on top, but you don't have to do this.

As soon as you remove the chicken from the oven, turn the temperature to 450 and mix up your biscuit dough. The oven should be ready by the time you're done, so you can put them in to bake. Hope this helps.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
Assistant Cook
Thanks so much folks. I sort of figured I'd have to do it that way, but was just trying to be a little faster. (lazier?)
Old 12-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
Welcome to DC. Your dinner sound really delicious.

This is a fun place to come to. And if you need an answer, you can bet someone here will have one. They always do.
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #6
Executive Chef
This is one very good instance of using help from the store.
Do not waste your time making any biscuits or using biscuits mixes.
Just buy a bag of Pillsbury Grands frozen biscuits.
They rise better, they taste better and they all are the same every single time.

It is easy and you cannot make a biscuit at home that rises as pretty as these do. I should say I cannot make them nor can anyone else I know as good as the frozen Grands.
Roll_Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
Assistant Cook
You are probably right. It's just something I wanted to do. Didn't get to it though, as something came up.