"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Please help with Cinnamon Waffles

I want to make cinnamon waffles, but someone said you have to add sugar with the cinnamon. is this true?

Old 10-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveFastDiePretty
I want to make cinnamon waffles, but someone said you have to add sugar with the cinnamon. is this true?
Hi there LFDP, welcome to DC!

I can't see any reason why you can't just add regular cinnamon to your waffle batter, that's what I do for my apple spice waffles and pancakes.

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:03 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

thanks

Thank you for the welcome
I'll take your advice and just add the cinnamon. Thanks
Old 10-07-2005, 12:04 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Don't mention it I hope to chat with you lots more on DC - you'll love it here!

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Old 10-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
welcome to the family. How'd your breakfast turn out?
Old 10-07-2005, 12:09 PM   #6
Cook

Send a message via ICQ to ArticKatt Send a message via MSN to ArticKatt Send a message via Yahoo to ArticKatt
Add the Cinnamon to your floor. That should make it yummy and I love to add nutmeg as well to waffles and Ginger is a nice spice as well and if you add them to your floor I see no reason to add sugar. In this house we don't use much sugar as there is a diabetic and me trying to lose weight. Start with a small amount till you find out how much you like to use.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

thanks

Thanks for the welcome, you guys. My waffles are turning out great. Now I have a good place to go with my questions about cooking.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:26 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Welcome to DC.

See you've gotten some good advice, but if you're interested here's a recipe for:

CHOCOLATE-CINNAMON TOAST

For the chocolate-cinnamon mixture, combine 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a small bowl. This will be enough for about 8 slices of toast, so once itís mixed together put it in a small jar with a lid and store what you donít use right away in the jar (tightly sealed) in a cool cupboard.

For each piece of chocolate-cinnamon toast, butter a slice of bread and put it on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle a rounded teaspoon of the chocolate mixture over each slice of buttered bread and spread it out evenly with a knife.

Pop the cookie sheet into the broiler or a toaster oven, a few inches from the heat source. But watch the toast VERY carefully. It only takes a minute or so for the butter and sugar and cocoa to melt and the top of the bread to toast slightly. Turn the cookie sheet around if the bread isnít toasting evenly. But donít let the chocolate mixture burn.

EXTRA TIP: Some cooks suggest toasting the bread BEFORE buttering it, then adding the chocolate mixture to the toast and broiling it. You might want to try it that way, too.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #9
Executive Chef

I'm interested Mish Thanks! I've never had cinnamon toast done this way...one to try for sure as the temperature drops.

Old 10-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #10
Executive Chef

IC, it's a little departure from my usual method. It's TOAST! (j/k)