Pope Yes Chicken (AKA Popeye's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We only have the KFC and Bojangles' here.

With love,
~Cat

Thanks for mentioning Bojangles. They opened a few franchises down here back in the '80's. Nobody could even come close to their biscuits! People would buy them by the dozen. The dirty rice was also very good. They went pure Cajun in the spices, no holding back. Don't remember the chicken though.:rolleyes:

Does this qualify as a robot frying chicken?
20100929-Vending16.jpg

:LOL: Bet it didn't fry chicken! Different pay scales.

I wish I could remember what the OR Nurse said she called it. It was right about then I got the forget everything medicine. But, I do remember seeing the robot.

Now I really want some fried chicken...all this talk about it.

My first KFC experience was when I was a young teen. I was at a boat show in a local stadium (or only local stadium). KFC had just opened up shop in our town. The flavor was sensational, full of rich herbs and spices. By the time I hit San Diego, KFC's went downhill nationwide, or I became more aware of better chicken. The flavor of the original was about the same, but the chicken was always very greasy. I asked the shop owner and they stated that customers wanted the chicken that way. There were no Popeye's in San Diego at that time. Fortunately, I met my wife there, whose mother made exceptional fried chicken, and taught her technique to me. Seasoning was light. The coating was very light, and the chicken was extremely juicy, and well flavored. I use her method to this day. I season my coating though.

I first tried Popeye's Chicken in Maryland, where Sprout lived at the time. I found it cooked very well, but a little plain in the herb department for my tastes. But as taste is such a personal thing, for all around appeal, I give Popeye's full marks.

Now, in my town, the chicken served in one of our supermarkets is the best in town, except for home made. But since KFC was forced to shut down, the prices have gone up so that I no longer by it. When I want chicken, I have to make it myself. That's ok though, like I said, my MIL did it right, and taught me.:yum:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We also fry our own chicken and it by far beats all these places. Not saying theirs is bad, just sayin.

The only time we get fried chicken out is when we don't have the time or energy to make our own.
It is also fried chicken on boys night when I am not home to fry it. Gas Station chicken....LOl

Back
Top Bottom