Pork Chop Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This recipe is very simple and quite delicious!

Favorite Pork Chops

Pork Chops
Ketchup
Brown sugar
Lemon slices
Onion slices

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In casserole or pan, place pork chops. Top each with 1 tablespoon ketchup, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 slice onion, and 1 slice lemon. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on thickness of the pork chops.

pag, much like your papa's recipe, i must try your sweet potato n chops recipe.

dw is on this sweet potato thing so i think she'll like it, and i like the mix of spices.

lol @ stab in.

a good dish to cook on a stressful day. :)

A real simple way for pork loin is to put it in a crock pot with a small jar of orange marmalade with a heaping Tbsp. prepared horsereadish.

A real simple way for pork loin is to put it in a crock pot with a small jar of orange marmalade with a heaping Tbsp. prepared horsereadish.

Thanks Simon, this sounds interesting! I've never used marmalade for cooking. What a great idea! The sweetness and tartness of the marmalade combined with the spice of the horseradish sounds delightful. Almost Japanese with the balance. Yum!

Thanks Simon, this sounds interesting! I've never used marmalade for cooking. What a great idea! The sweetness and tartness of the marmalade combined with the spice of the horseradish sounds delightful. Almost Japanese with the balance. Yum!

It's a great dipping sauce for coconut shrimp too.

pork chops (economy end cuts, bone in), sliced mushrooms, long grain rice, canned beef consomme, red wine, seasonings. saute mushrooms (you choose) lightly in butter and set aside. brown seasoned chops lightly, pour consomme, red wine - i like beaujolais for this, and one can water over chops and bring to boil. add mushrooms and rice, a shy cup, then allow covered skillet to simmer til done - add more water as needed, rice should be absorbed by liquid but not overcooked - 30-45 mins. this is a hearty, satisfying peasant-type dish.

pork chops (economy end cuts, bone in), sliced mushrooms, long grain rice, canned beef consomme, red wine, seasonings. saute mushrooms (you choose) lightly in butter and set aside. brown seasoned chops lightly, pour consomme, red wine - i like beaujolais for this, and one can water over chops and bring to boil. add mushrooms and rice, a shy cup, then allow covered skillet to simmer til done - add more water as needed, rice should be absorbed by liquid but not overcooked - 30-45 mins. this is a hearty, satisfying peasant-type dish.

Sounds tasty. I think I've made something similar but not for a long time. I'll have to try this.

What yummy recipes! I'm rooting through the freezer looking for some pig!

Cooking pork with sauerkraut (regular or Bavarian sweet) and onions, cream of anything soup, either on the stovetop or crockpot is good too.

Last edited:
does anyone have a recipe for pork chops that involves pounding the chops thin and dredging them in some type of egg mixture? they were an especially moist and tender rendition of pork chops, that were breaded and crazy good....

This might not be exactly what you are looking for but the chops come out really tender.
This is how I make mine-

Cut the fat off your pork chop (score fat and season well, place under a hot grill to make crackling)

Place chops between 2 sheets of clingwrap and bash lightly to even out the chops or just flatten a bit.
Season some AP flour with Aromat seasoning and Crushed Black pepper and a dash of paprika, do the same with some panko or breadcrumbs of choice.
Dip chop in flour then buttermilk then coat with crumbs.
Heat pan or skillet with a knob of butter and a splash of olive oil. Fry till golden on both sides.

does anyone have a recipe for pork chops that involves pounding the chops thin and dredging them in some type of egg mixture? they were an especially moist and tender rendition of pork chops, that were breaded and crazy good....

vit, if they were boneless, try using pork sirloin chops instead of rib or loin chops.

lol, well, i guess you can't really get boneless loin "chops".

anyway, the sirloin chops, really mini steaks, are really tasty and just marbled with fat enough to remain tender and juicy when breaded and pan fried.

trim off the outer rim of fat, pound thin, dredge in a beaten egg with a bit of milk blended in, press into seasoned breadcrumbs (dried parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, and s&p), and fry in a tbsp or two of grapeseed or olive oil.

i made these a few weeks ago, making pork parm with the leftovers, and they were fantastic, plain and parm!

>>pounding the chops thin and dredging them in some type of egg mixture?

this is something I do right regular - both chops, have been known to slice up a roast - and with pork tenderloin (which is really good)

the thinner the cut, the faster they cook - so it makes for tender _if_ not over cooked.
over cooking thin slices is really easy to do.

I'm fond of Weiner schnitzel and veal scaloppine - but DW won't do veal (they're too cute) - so I sub pork.

there must be a few zillion variations - but here's two techniques I use all the time:

chops/roast cuts - pound down to about 1/4 inch thick
egg wash - one tbsp water to one beaten egg
run thru the egg wash, allow excess to drip off
dredge in AP flour; shake off excess
saute - about 2.5-3 minutes per side - under-cook in the pan - the heat will carry over.

tenderloin I slice to 1/4 slabs, then pound them down as thin ans I can get without the meat tearing apart
egg wash - one tbsp water to one beaten egg
run thru the egg wash, allow excess to drip off
dredge in AP flour; shake off excess
saute - about 1.5 minutes per side - done & serve

the flour dredge will make a nice pan gravy.

variation: run thru "crumbs" for a "breaded" effect. I've use saltines, oyster crackers, corn flakes, panko - whatever floats your boat. add some finely chopped nuts for 'over the top'

variation deluxe: thru the egg wash, bread, allow to air dry 20 minutes (important - on a rack) then double dip - ie back through the egg wash & breading mix. more crunchier.

note there's nothing about "seasoning" in the above - for the wash&dredge, I season the pounded thin slices before cooking - and allow them about a hour in the fridge.

a breading can carry a lot of different seasonings itself - but personally I still like to salt&pepper the slices first - then go real light on salt in the breading mix.

I use this basic recipe (variations at the bottom of recipe) for breading pork (I usually buy a whole boneless pork loin when on sale and cut it into chops and package up for the freezer), chicken, veal, eggplant and fish.

Breading:

Dredge flour: AP flour ( or a combo of several flours such as peanut flour, flaxseed meal), ground sea salt, ground peppercorn blend

Egg wash: Egg, milk (or buttermilk), ground sea salt, ground peppercorn blend, ground red pepper flakes

Crumbs: Panko or Regular Unseasoned bread crumbs, Oregano, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Goya Adobo Seasoning, Accent, Ground Sea Salt, Ground peppercorns, Ground red pepper flakes, Cayenne, Paprika, Thyme, Rosemary, Freshly grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses.

*For poultry or pork - Add poultry seasoning to crumbs.
*For fish - Add Old Bay Lemon and pepper blend and/or McCormick Perfect Pinch Lemon & herb to crumbs.

Heat oil in pan and fry chops quickly. Flip once when nicely browned on first side. Drain on brown paper or paper towels.

img_1038360_0_75c89f95b1c383a2532fbc577814d283.jpg

Last edited:
The first time I served this, my son had a friend over. He said the next time I made it, I was to call him immediately!

POLYNESIAN PIG-OUT
  • 4 boneless pork chops, pounded thin
  • 4 Tbs peanut oil

Marinade:
  • 1/2 cup pineapple juice
  • 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1/4 cup pineapple vinegar
  • 1/4 cup sesame oil
  • 2 Tbs brown sugar
  • 2 tsp pepper
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tsp minced onion
  • 10 cracked red chilis
  • 2 tsp minced ginger
  • 2 tsp salt
Coating:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 eggs beaten with 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup finely crushed macadamia nuts
Chutney:
  • ¼ cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 small green mango
  • ½ cup crushed pineapple
  • 3 Tbs chopped onion
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 Tbs Pineapple vinegar
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
  • ½ small red bell pepper, chopped
  • 4 scallions, sliced
Instructions:

Combine pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, pepper, garlic, onion, chilis, minced ginger, and salt in bowl and marinate pounded pork chops overnight. Remove pork chops from marinade and pat dry with paper towels.

Dredge pork chops in flour, egg mixture, then crushed macadamias. Fry coated pork chops in 4 Tbs peanut oil until done, turning once. Place one chop on each plate and top with chutney.

Back
Top Bottom