Pork Chop Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anyone have a recipe for pork chops that involves pounding the chops thin and dredging them in some type of egg mixture? they were an especially moist and tender rendition of pork chops, that were breaded and crazy good....

That's basically how I made schnitzel a few nights ago. I pounded 4 boneless chops thin, dredged in flour (lil bit of salt added), dipped in egg, then plain bread crumbs. Fried in 1/4 inch of oil for about 4 minutes per side. They were perfect and my husband raved about them.

I would like to share the recipe for a peaches n cream sauce to go with chops. I usually just pan-fry the chops for this. The recipe is from a restaurant I used to work at:

1 T. diced onion
1/4 stick butter
8 oz. canned diced peaches
1 T. sugar
1/2 T. salt
1/2 pint heavy cream
1 T. corn starch
1 T. water

Melt 1/4 stick of butter in pan and add onions. Cook onions in butter for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring heavy cream to boil, remove from heat and add slurry (1 T. cornstarch + 1 T. water). Keep cream mixture on low heat while you finish the butter mixture. Add peaches (with syrup) to the onion/butter mixture along with salt and sugar. Simmer 5 minutes. Add the thickened heavy cream to the peach mixture and gently combine. Add remaining butter, 1 pad at a time until melted and fully incorporated. Serve over pork chops.

I find that I usually add a bit more sugar & salt to taste.

thank you all for sharing your pork chop recipes and tips--just the boost i needed...i love pork but don't always have good cooking results with chops, especially in recent years. i too prefer the sirloin steaks (when available) to the less flavorful center cuts, and will be following dcsaute's technique of "seasoning and resting" the meat for an hour. cross fingers.... :)

When cooking thick cut chops on the grill, I like to use a coffee rub. Just take fresh coffee grounds and rub both sides, garlic powder, cracked pepper, douse of evoo and you#re ready to go in three hours.

I LOVE these prep trays for breading foods.

img_1040201_0_ccfeb199d5de5c9e20bc32d8f79a255e.jpg

Hi. I've made this marinade a lot this year and get a lot of compliments every time. It's quick, easy and is super yummy on the grill. We like a little more heat on ours so I add red pepper flakes to the onions in the sauté. Also works great on pork tenderloin.

1/4*cup(s) canola oil
1* medium onion, chopped
2*tablespoon(s) chopped garlic
1/2*cup(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4*cup(s) red-wine vinegar
1/2*teaspoon(s) freshly grated orange zest
1/4*cup(s) orange juice
3*tablespoon(s) packed brown sugar
2*teaspoon(s) ground allspice
3/4*teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
1/2*teaspoon(s) dried thyme
1/2*teaspoon(s) ground cloves
1/2*teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
5*dash(es) hot sauce
Directions

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar, allspice, pepper, thyme, cloves, cinnamon and hot sauce. Let cool to room temperature.

Back
Top Bottom