"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #81
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cottrell View Post
My dear friends where is it written that applesauce doesn't go with potato pancakes of most any kind? Of course it may be written, but I don't believe all that I read. Love applesauce with!
Thanks for the backup David. The line "where is it written" is, of course, a dead givaway as to your heritage, so you know about the applesauce/sour cream thing. I eat in a lot of Jewish restaurants and always get a side of both with my latkes.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #82
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaQueen View Post
Thanks for the backup David. The line "where is it written" is, of course, a dead givaway as to your heritage, so you know about the applesauce/sour cream thing. I eat in a lot of Jewish restaurants and always get a side of both with my latkes.
I don't know about the comment being key to his heritage. I'm Irish German, my mother was full Irish and she always served her potato pancakes with applesauce, but hers didn't have as many ingredients.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #83
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
Wouldn't they be? Unfortunately no batteries and no clue how to get pics out of my phone
Can you send an email with your phone? I email my phone pix to myself; just add your email address to your own contact info. HTH.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #84
Head Chef

Hi Guys and Gals

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment DramaQueen! But no - I was raised as a Methodist in Hickory, North Carolina. Now I'm not much of anything I guess, including being a good cook. I take spurts and have been contemplating my next spurt - at least two solid meals of a culture "foreign" to me, and include acouple of baked goods from it. Now! Who is of the Jewish tradition out there who could advise me as to acouple of menus with pointers to recipes?

Chalah(?), the braded bread is a must. Email me or what ever, this would be great. Thanks guys and gals.
As this thread has wandered a bit - yes I vote for a nice slice of cheddar on my warm apple pie! Hard to beat.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #85
Sous Chef

Schnitzel(en=pl.) cutlets, usually pork or veal. German.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #86
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cottrell View Post
Thanks for the compliment DramaQueen! But no - I was raised as a Methodist in Hickory, North Carolina. Now I'm not much of anything I guess, including being a good cook. I take spurts and have been contemplating my next spurt - at least two solid meals of a culture "foreign" to me, and include acouple of baked goods from it. Now! Who is of the Jewish tradition out there who could advise me as to acouple of menus with pointers to recipes?

Chalah(?), the braded bread is a must. Email me or what ever, this would be great. Thanks guys and gals.
As this thread has wandered a bit - yes I vote for a nice slice of cheddar on my warm apple pie! Hard to beat.
Dave - you could post your questions in a new thread in the Ethnic Forum - perfect place. Bound to get seen versus here.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #87
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Can you send an email with your phone? I email my phone pix to myself; just add your email address to your own contact info. HTH.
DOUBLE DUH!!!!! I almost feel like slapping myself!!!!

Old 08-19-2008, 07:05 PM   #88
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I guess my reference to not liking applesauce with my potato pancakes is because I was referencing "mashed" potato pancakes and any "mashed" potato pancakes I have had did not equate well with applesauce. I'm sure some would but those I have had do not. But latkes is another story - can't eat them WITHOUT applesauce

Old 08-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #89
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I do that also.
And you can also use your pc to send pics to your phone, like if you have a pic on your pc you want to use as wallpaper on your cell phone. Your cell needs to have a text message/pictures plan. For Verizon cell phones you would send the email to: your 10 digit cell number @vzwpix.com. And for AT&T it's your 10 digit cell number @mms.att.net. It's easier for me to send a "text message" that way to somebody's cell phone rather than using my cell phone to type on.
Just in case anyone is wondering
Old 08-20-2008, 08:51 AM   #90
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I do that also.
And you can also use your pc to send pics to your phone, like if you have a pic on your pc you want to use as wallpaper on your cell phone. Your cell needs to have a text message/pictures plan. For Verizon cell phones you would send the email to: your 10 digit cell number @vzwpix.com. And for AT&T it's your 10 digit cell number @mms.att.net. It's easier for me to send a "text message" that way to somebody's cell phone rather than using my cell phone to type on.
Just in case anyone is wondering
Well, I was wondering so now I know. Thanks for that information. As tech saavy as I think I am, I didn't know I could send a picture from my computer to my cell phone. I do have Verizon so I just did what you posted and there is the picture!! I guess I'm too old. If I were a 16 yr. old I'd know these things. I'm not at home in Vegas so I don't have my users' manual with me. How do I send pix from my phone to someone via e-mail?