potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were they boiled in their skins or were they peeled? How warm is your kitchen?
as tax implied,depends on the ambient temp in your kitchen.9 times out of ten,when i am making potato salad,i boil me peeled spuds(ouch!)the night before & leave them out,in the kitchen,overnight,so that i have a nice,dry product for the salad,next day.i do cover them with some absorbent kitchen paper to help the drying process.my kitchen is cool,when not in use.

Last edited:
I'd use them if they were left out dry. If they sat in water all night, no, as they would be too water-logged.

We seem to be divided here. I have the solution. Go ahead and use them and then get back to us with the results.....good luck....
Well, they had been left out overnight yesterday. I wouldn't use them if they are still out. The OP hasn't posted since that first, lone post.

Potatoes really aren't a "potentially hazardous food". If it were me, I'd re-heat them to 160f+ and use them again. But...I have a bachelor's stomach...similar to that of a vulture's. If you are sensitive, then throw them out....I just hate to waste food.

Last edited:
Potatoes really aren't a "potentially hazardous food". If it were me, I'd re-heat them to 160f+ and use them again. But...I have a bachelor's stomach...similar to that of a vulture's. If you are sensitive, then throw them out....I just hate to waste food.

Actually, they are. People have a misconception that the danger of bad potato salad is from the mayonnaise, but it's actually from the potato (unless raw eggs were used in the mayo).

Cooked in skin, left out of water, in a cool kitchen. Talked to a Red seal chef that said they would be fine.... Thanks for all your reply's.

Back
Top Bottom