Poutine with moose gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
While I was up north last week my dad indulged my craving for poutine. He told me he had gotten a moose roast from a friend and for some reason, the idea of poutine made with moose gravy sounded incredible to me, so he braised up the roast for us while we were there. We made gravy from the braising liquid, heavy with onion and moose flavors. We parboiled some russets and fried those babies up. A big pile of fresh, hot fries topped with cheese curds, shredded moose, onion moose gravy and some fresh cracked black pepper and I was in heaven.

The only problem is, I'm pregnant and have far stronger cravings with this pregnancy than I did with my other two. I have now been craving this (and his turkey soup) since I got home. Alas, I have no moose roast. :( I know I could make a pretty close gravy with beef, but it wouldn't be quite the same. *Sigh.* I suppose it's probably a good thing I can't give into this particular craving regularly anyway.

Bummer. Well, at least you have the memory :)

I've only had poutine once - in Austin, Texas, of all places. I visited my sister and BIL there last June and we went to a restaurant that serves gourmet sausages; they had poutine as an appetizer. OMG, so good! I'm going to have to make my own cheese curds to have it here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom