Pre-prepared frozen food to order ---- London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
There was a thread in the near past about a company that would send you the ingredients for a dish so you could cook it. (!!)

On another cooking forum I just saw this----- is there one like this in the U.S. with such a widely varying list of dishes? Sounds much better, for my tastes. Sure the meals aren't cheap but then neither were the ingredients for you to cook for yourself. (!!)

COOK Cheltenham | COOK

There was a thread in the near past about a company that would send you the ingredients for a dish so you could cook it. (!!)

On another cooking forum I just saw this----- is there one like this in the U.S. with such a widely varying list of dishes? Sounds much better, for my tastes. Sure the meals aren't cheap but then neither were the ingredients for you to cook for yourself. (!!)

COOK Cheltenham | COOK
I smiled at your title and the site of the shop. If you were in London and ordered from Cheltenham Cooks it would be cold when you got it. It's about 95 miles and a two hour drive away:)

As for the expense, Cheltenham is one of those places where a lot of people live who can afford that sort of thing.

Do you want something pre-made and frozen ?

Or just the ingredients so you make it yourself?

IF I lived where I had the choice of one or the other----- and assuming that all the dishes for both companies are good----I'd choose the one where I had to do nothing except pop it in the oven or MW or defrost! :rolleyes: Duh! :LOL:

I smiled at your title and the site of the shop. If you were in London and ordered from Cheltenham Cooks it would be cold when you got it. It's about 95 miles and a two hour drive away:)

As for the expense, Cheltenham is one of those places where a lot of people live who can afford that sort of thing.

I would HOPE the meal would be cold----- actually frozen, because that's what they advertise. :LOL: Check the site out. I assume that they have vans that have freezers in them. :cool:

"Our COOK shops are located across England and in Scotland and Wales. In them you'll find our full range of frozen ready meals, entertaining food, puddings and cakes. We also supply a range of independent farm shops across the UK."

Our Shops | COOK

Schwans has very good food, if a a bit pricey.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The Schwan guy stopped out here, twice. He was really nice, gave me a cookbook and menus the first time. The next time he stopped, one of my bratty cockers escaped, and DH went screaming out the door after her, almost knocking the poor guy over. Schwan hasn't stopped by since then....

Last edited:
I tried Schwan's once. (A friend gave me one of hers to try). Once was enough.
If I were completely housebound I guess it would keep me alive.

However, I haven't tasted the frozen food delivered by Cook, so ------:ermm:

Hmm, I guess I don't understand what you're looking for in this country then. I've never heard anything bad about Schwan's other than the cost.

Hmm, I guess I don't understand what you're looking for in this country then. I've never heard anything bad about Schwan's other than the cost.

Probably haven't looked in the right places. But that's o.k.---- if a person actually likes Schwan's then that's o.k. in my book.

I would HOPE the meal would be cold----- actually frozen, because that's what they advertise. :LOL: Check the site out. I assume that they have vans that have freezers in them. :cool:

"Our COOK shops are located across England and in Scotland and Wales. In them you'll find our full range of frozen ready meals, entertaining food, puddings and cakes. We also supply a range of independent farm shops across the UK."

Our Shops | COOK
Sorry, thought it was a hot g=food local supplier

Back
Top Bottom