Pricking the oil surface??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NamelessAria

Assistant Cook
I was looking through some recipes for donuts (healthy, I know!) and I noticed most of them that suggest the use of a deep fryer include a line of instruction where it says "do not prick the surface of the oil." I have absolutely NO idea what this means or why it is important and Google was definitely not helpful. Somehow I got a lot of results about allergy testing from Google:wacko:

Can someone please explain this to me?:ermm:

I was looking through some recipes for donuts (healthy, I know!) and I noticed most of them that suggest the use of a deep fryer include a line of instruction where it says "do not prick the surface of the oil." I have absolutely NO idea what this means or why it is important and Google was definitely not helpful. Somehow I got a lot of results about allergy testing from Google:wacko:

Can someone please explain this to me?:ermm:
New one on me.

Aha! I googled and found several remarks like this "Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surface); " In connection with greasy donuts. I think it means don't prick the surface of the donut, not the oil. If you pierce the crust on the donut while it's in the oil the oil will penetrate the donut and make it greasy.

Unless someone els knows anoher reason?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom