Prime Rib Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm cooking 2 3-rib roasts on Sunday. One will be rare and the other will be medium. I'm hoping there will be enough fat rendered out so I can make Yorkshire pudding, it was trimmed pretty well but the butcher.

When to my surprise, at DC, should appear... Big Bill in Santa gear. Welcome!

It took almost 2 hours to reach 130 degrees when I fished it out and rested it for 10 minutes, for medium well.

For two roasts of different size, I'd just assume the bigger one will take longer. When the smaller is done, transfer the thermometer into the remaining roast, and keep the oven going until it reads a good temp.

At least your shopping for presents is all done, right?

Hi spork, :ROFLMAO:

I'd like to say hi to everyone personally that posted here, but to save time I'll just say hi ALL! :)
Thanks for all the posts and suggestions. They were much appreciated!

Our company left a little while ago, and the Prime Rib(s) were a big hit! They all enjoyed it very much, so I thought I'd show my new friends here two pictures I took of the meat:

Larger Prime Rib - The fluorescent lights don't do this picture justice, but every piece that was cut just dripped with juices. It was one of the best meals we had! Cooking Photo Gallery

Smaller Rib - This was the smaller of the two prime ribs we cooked. I had to use a bowl to catch all the drippings! So tasty! Cooking Photo Gallery

It was one of the juciest, tender, most perfectly cooked meat that I can remember having in a long time. The jucies dripped out of every piece that I cut. The larger one was medium to medium well, and the smaller was rare to medium rare. Something for all to choose from.

What we did for the cooking time/temp of the different cuts was to use the weight of each piece as a guide. We went for 20-25 minutes a pound. So that would be about two hours 40 min for the larger one. The smaller one was half the weight (4 lbs.) of the larger one, so we put the larger 8 lb in first then after one hour 20 mins (half the time), we put the smaller one into the same pan with the larger one. The larger one had the thermometer, so we took them both out when the larger was at 130 degrees, let it rest for 15-20 mins. and wala!

Not sure how scientific that method is, but it worked out well. ;)
Though the meat was sliced.... I still enjoy just eating it off the bone. Most of the company was family, so they are use to me doing things like that. :LOL:

Thanks again for all the help, suggestions, and fun in this topic. :clap:

Happy New year to all of you!

Bill

That's a beautiful looking Prime Rib!!! WOW!!
Great job on that.. Perfectly cooked. :cool:

I was wondering today how your roast was coming along. I knew it would turn out perfect :chef:
Thank you for getting back in and telling us all about it.

So glad it was a huge hit with your family. Your scientific experiment works!

Merry Christmas

Munky.

Hi Munky,

Thanks for all your help! I hope your roast and your friends turned out well too!

Merry Christmas!

Bill

Your welcome. Was happy to do it :)

Our dinner was fantastic. Made it yesterday. All of the dogs loved getting the rib bones. Today we've enjoyed the leftovers for Prime Rib Sammiches..

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom