Protose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

advoca

Senior Cook
Please, can anyone tell me what Protose is?

I think it is vegetarian and something to do with potatoes.

Thanks

Something my momma use to say "there's no accounting for taste".
I thought about that in another place and thread today when a lady was saying she likes steak sauce and butter with her steak (even if a good one), and her husband likes all his steaks still mooing, but puts lot's of ketchup on all of them.:wacko:

I just sigh, but realize if it's out there, someone will like it their way, that I wouldn't. Nothing wrong with diversity.

Bob

Something my momma use to say "there's no accounting for taste".
I thought about that in another place and thread today when a lady was saying she likes steak sauce and butter with her steak (even if a good one), and her husband likes all his steaks still mooing, but puts lot's of ketchup on all of them.:wacko:

I just sigh, but realize if it's out there, someone will like it their way, that I wouldn't. Nothing wrong with diversity.

Bob

Casper,
I went to a steakhouse once with some co-workers and when the waitress asked one of my co-workers how he wanted his steak, his exact words were... "Just knock off it's horns, wipe it's butt and throw it on a plate." After I died from embarrassment, as I was sitting next to him I had to endure the whole bottle of ketchup thing also. UGH!

Casper,
I went to a steakhouse once with some co-workers and when the waitress asked one of my co-workers how he wanted his steak, his exact words were... "Just knock off it's horns, wipe it's butt and throw it on a plate." After I died from embarrassment, as I was sitting next to him I had to endure the whole bottle of ketchup thing also. UGH!

I agree, that would have been a little more graphic then was needed. He could have just said still mooing off the grill or some such :)

I also don't understand the ketchup on a good steak. But like I said, <sigh>, and just be glad it wasn't at your house where you just wasted a perfectly good $9 strip or rib-eye where a $2 round steak would have been appreciated to the same degree :-S

Bob

Some of my friends never get steak when they come for dinner because of their preferences.

Casper,

His words were a quote from The Cowboy Way - Woody Harrelson's exact words were "Just cut the horns off, wipe it's *** and throw it on the plate" - in a five star hotel restaurant in NYC.

I've used that line, but never someplace classy enough for people to be offended.... ;)

And good lord, a good piece of meat shouldn't need anything at all but salt and pepper.

Of course, if you're at someplace like Applebees, then yeah, cover that sirloin a.k.a. shoe leather with as much goop as you can (or better yet, don't eat there...)

I found that Protose is a vegetarian product similar in composition to meat. It consists of nuts and grains, and is free from all animal fats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom