"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

If you have a food processor, just about anything can be a pureed food. Try it with some leftovers before the big day to get an idea. Roast chicken, rice pilaf and steamed asparagus - toss it all in the FP and take it for a ride.

Chili, beef (or lamb or chicken) stew and soups (not just cream soups) are all good candidates for the FP.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #12
Master Chef

One word, Bisques.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #13
Executive Chef

I hope the pain part goes away very quickly for you sprout.

I always make whatever meal I want, then put it into the food processor until its thin enough to just swallow without chewing. If it's a meal like; Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green-beans and cobbler, I put the meatloaf and taters into one batch, then the green beans into another and the cobbler into one by itself.

I get the ABC (already been chewed) food in the same exact flavors I would have, but no chewing! Kinda like adult baby food.

My best wishes for fast healing and low pain. Get well soon!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

Sorry Sprout! I had all 4 pulled at once too several years back, and I bought out the store shelves of Jello... only to find that I wasn't much into Jello. Ice cream kept me sustained for a while, and I can go through a jar of Nutella like nobody's business.
How bout a creamy mushroom soup? Smoothies, hot chocolate (add in cayenne and cinnamon for more antioxidants), polenta, savory bread pudding baked more as a custard and if all else fails, chicken broth is good for the soul! :)
Old 10-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Wink

Thanks for the well-wishes and suggestions! Lots of great ideas.

Pacanis, the little one in my avatar is 2 now. It's an old picture. I believe when that pic was taken she was already chewing pretty well, too. She got her chompers pretty early.

Andy & Timothy, I don't have a food processor, but I have a blender. Will that work, too?

Taxlady, I'm not sure I can trust my eggs; they have shifty eyes...
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Ahhhh... I was thinking the spoon for you, spoon for me, lol.
Cute picture.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
...Andy & Timothy, I don't have a food processor, but I have a blender. Will that work, too?...

It's harder to puree solids in a blender. You can do it but often have to add liquid to get the blender to do the job.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
Senior Cook

I don't know if I could handle most of these suggestions. You must have a strong stomach for some of these.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #19
Executive Chef

gently cook some farina--with milk (any %) is the tastiest and most filling, but w/water is very good too. brown 1-2 tablespoons of butter to a rich, deep brown color, pour into your serving bowl over the hot farina. for a sweet farina (and a wonderful taste treat) bury wells of brown sugar in the farina in several places with a teaspoon--and/or your favorite fruit or berry preserves. mmmm--this delicious and quick comfort food needs no excuse, (like a sore mouth) to show up at your table, but would be a kind and soothing choice in such an instance....:)

Tags
food