Question About Brownie Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mistee

Assistant Cook
I've decided to make some brownies from a recipe I've found but it calls for buttermilk, which I don't have. Atm I am sharing a vehicle and I don't have it at my disposal, and won't for the next few days (good thing I had no plans, right?). I only have what's here at the house, which is everything save for the buttermilk. Is there any sort of substitute I can use, or a mix of this and that, that will come close? Would regular milk work? Thanks!

I've decided to make some brownies from a recipe I've found but it calls for buttermilk, which I don't have. Atm I am sharing a vehicle and I don't have it at my disposal, and won't for the next few days (good thing I had no plans, right?). I only have what's here at the house, which is everything save for the buttermilk. Is there any sort of substitute I can use, or a mix of this and that, that will come close? Would regular milk work? Thanks!

You can substitue one tablespoon of white vinegar to one cup of milk and then use as much as the recipie calls for. I'm also told lemon juice works in place of the white vinegar.

Place a Tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup. Add enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one-cup line. Let stand for five minutes. Then, use as much as your recipe calls for!! HTH

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom