Question about chicken salad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I make chicken salad from leftover chicken. As a result, sometimes it's grilled, sometimes it's roasted, sometimes it's pan seared.

Yup. And usually for me the dark meat makes for more moist chicken salad, even if it has been barbecued the night before.

Come to think of it, I am not sure I have ever cooked chicken for the purpose of making chicken salad. It seems like a by-product to me, even though they can taste really great.

I find chicken breast pretty bland so I buy chicken legs for regular cooking. I buy chicken breasts usually just for chicken salad. I season and roast bone in/skin on because there's more flavor. Fresh out of the oven I eat the skin while it's crispy, and slice enough for a warm sandwich, usually with bacon and Swiss. The rest of the meat is for chicken salad.

I've tried it with dark meat in a pinch, but breast meat makes the best salad.

I find chicken breast pretty bland so I buy chicken legs for regular cooking. I buy chicken breasts usually just for chicken salad. I season and roast bone in/skin on because there's more flavor. Fresh out of the oven I eat the skin while it's crispy, and slice enough for a warm sandwich, usually with bacon and Swiss. The rest of the meat is for chicken salad.

I've tried it with dark meat in a pinch, but breast meat makes the best salad.

Me too!!! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom