"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2017, 07:53 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
What on earth do you do with that many onions?

Granted, I live alone but even when I had a house full I couldn't go thru 4 bunches in a week!
This entire thread has made me smile...

I've posted before that Jeannie seldom cooks.. She makes a great quesadilla and a few other things in which she always uses green onions... Consequently, she always grabs a bunch of them when we shop... I smile and quietly toss the ones which go bad.. I have to humor my sweetie...

Ross

Old 05-27-2017, 11:41 PM   #32
Executive Chef

too funny guys! But I hate "tossing" because up here they are not dirt cheap, sssigh...

Plus with age I'm becoming more ..."sensitive"... to them. So as much as I love them I have to be a little more 'circumspect' in their use.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:05 AM   #33
Executive Chef

and ohh yeah... you are lucky to have that asian market so close that you can go on a regular basis. Mine is a good 50 minutes away... on a good day. Plus I'm always in there for about 40 odd minutes. This makes for a 3 hour trip. So I only go about once a month... usually much longer.

Once I was specifically looking at their plain ordinary crimini (brown or white) mushrooms and I suddenly realized that they were twice the price of the local grocer!

LOL Buyer Beware!

egads, I could go on and on here
Old 05-28-2017, 12:45 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
This entire thread has made me smile...

I've posted before that Jeannie seldom cooks.. She makes a great quesadilla and a few other things in which she always uses green onions... Consequently, she always grabs a bunch of them when we shop... I smile and quietly toss the ones which go bad.. I have to humor my sweetie...

Ross
Ross...you're a wise man.
My DH, the SousChef only cooks occasionally but he's a whizz helping in the kitchen and with the grocery shopping.
My late husband only came in the kitchen when it was time to eat, and knew not a thing about shopping. I asked him once to pick up some green onions for me on his way home from work. He came home with brown onions and said they were the greenest ones he could find.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:54 AM   #35
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Ross...you're a wise man.
My DH, the SousChef only cooks occasionally but he's a whizz helping in the kitchen and with the grocery shopping.
My late husband only came in the kitchen when it was time to eat, and knew not a thing about shopping. I asked him once to pick up some green onions for me on his way home from work. He came home with brown onions and said they were the greenest ones he could find.
Love it...

Ross

Tags
green onion, oil, onion, onions