Question on copying my saved recipes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CassieKate

Assistant Cook
I have recipes saved online, from other sites, etc that I sometimes want to copy and post here but it won't let me? Someone asked for a side to a fourth party and I have a PERFECT pasta salad but I can't post it without typing out the WHOLE thing. help!:(

CassieKate said:
I have recipes saved online, from other sites, etc that I sometimes want to copy and post here but it won't let me? Someone asked for a side to a fourth party and I have a PERFECT pasta salad but I can't post it without typing out the WHOLE thing. help!:(

CassieKate,

Please review our Community Policies about copyright. We don't allow copyrighted recipes or other materials to be posted here, either through cut and paste or by retyping.

Thanks for understanding.

CassieKate, try highlighting what you want to copy, hit Ctrl+C to copy and then Ctrl+V to paste. Please read Jenny's post above so that you don't make any booboos and post copyrighted stuff. (It could cost you personally a 6 digit fine and one that big for the site too!) If you need to check on whether something is copyright or not, just drop a PM to one of the Mods or Admins here and we'll help you out.

Ok thanks!!! This particular one is from something I personally created, but some are from other chefs, so I see what you mean:)

I have copied and pasted many recipes on several forums with no problem. They are my own recipes or variations of recipes from books and magazines but different enough to be my own. I just highlight the recipe, right click and hit "copy." Then post a reply on the forum you are posting on and right click "paste.' Voila! Your recipe is on the post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom