Question: What brand makes the best chocolate chip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chocolate chip recipe

The best rocky-road fudge

• 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow cream
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar

• 2/3 cup evaporated milk not condensed

• 1/4 cup real butter

• 1/4 teaspoon salt

• 2 cups milk chocolate chips

• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

• 1 cup Planter’s dry roasted salted peanuts

• Mini marshmallows

• 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract

Directions
Line an 8 by 8-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt. Bring to a full boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thick.:chef:

Remove from heat and pour in the chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts, marshmallows and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.

Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm. Cut to small squares and wrap in parchment paper squares.

images
images
Milk chocolate chips_______________ Dark chocolate chips

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupon link at the bottom of the page

CHOCOLATE PEANUT-BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

I heard this recipe is good.... I am going to make this and rate it here....

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups REAL butter, melted:rolleyes:
  • 2 cups CANE SUGAR
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons REAL vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups peanut butter chips
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper (coupon below)
  3. In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the butter mixture. Mix in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Cool for 1 minute before placing on wire racks to cool completely.
Here is a $1 off coupon for parchment paper: Free Online Printable Coupon for Reynolds® Parchment Paper

So.... what is your favorite chocolate chip brand?

CHOCO CHIP BANANA BREAD
images

1/2 cup real butter, softened
1 1/2 cups cane sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups unsifted cake flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Beat in eggs, vanilla and bananas until thoroughly blended.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Spoon into a greased 9-in.x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. :chef:

Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until the bread tests done with a wooden pick. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most chocolate chips, including dark chocolate have some sort of milk products in them, so I cnnot use it. But Traders Joe has very good chocolate chips, sold under their label, of course it doesn't mean anythig, it could have been made by anybody, but there is no milk product in them, so that is what I go for.

I normally buy Chipits brand chocolate chips. They sell them in smaller packs, but I buy a "bulk", resealable bag, so they last longer.

I really like ambrosia chocolate chips. They are a little more exspensive, but worth it.

I normally buy Chipits brand chocolate chips. They sell them in smaller packs, but I buy a "bulk", resealable bag, so they last longer.

I buy chocolate chips in bulk too. I never want to run out. I have never heard of that brand. Where do you buy them?

I buy chocolate chips in bulk too. I never want to run out. I have never heard of that brand. Where do you buy them?

I'm in Ontario, Canada so maybe they're not available in the US? Chipits are in pretty much every grocery store here. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom