Question: What brand makes the best chocolate chip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miter

Assistant Cook
I WAS WONDERING WHAT YOUR FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CHIP BRAND IS.

IF YOU HAVE COMPARED DIFFERENT BRANDS AND HAD A TASTE TEST PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS

I PURCHASED A BRAND CALLED GUITTARD THAT HAD A VERY SIMILAR PACKAGING AND WAS DISPLAYED RIGHT NEXT TO GHIRADELLI BRAND.

ALL COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT CHOCOLATE CHIPS ARE WELCOME:chef:

My favorite chocolate chips are Ghirardelli semi-sweet and bittersweet.

Ghiradelli is my usual brand. I find the chips to always blend evenly and not ever melt in the cookie while it is cooking. Sometimes, I add butterscotch chips and mix- per my son's request.

For snacking, pick any premium brand that suits your fancy, but for baking, Nestle chips works best. Considering other flavors are added to the baked product, the premium chocolate flavor is masked and may not be worth the extra expense.

And just because a brand of chocolate is commonly found in the baking isle of any supermarket, it doesn't mean it's not a quality product. I've found several "European import" brands that were fairly expensive. A couple of them ended up in the trash they were so bad!

I vote for GHIRADELLI! They are my favorite! I love the 60% cocoa, and they are bigger, so in cookies...more chocolate!:)

Ghirardelli white chocolate. My favorite cookie is macadamia nut and white chocolate chip!;)

Craig

I can't say that I have ever had a terrible semi sweet chip, maybe I've been lucky. I have had good success with Aldi store brand, Trader Joe's store brands and Ghiradelli, ghiradelli is my hands down favorite, especially their 60% dark chocolate.

I figure if I am willing to pay the price for Nestle, I might as well spend a few cents more and get Ghiradelli.

Research info about choc chip maker --- Ghirardelli

RESEARCHING CHOCOLATE CHIP MAKERS AND FOUND THIS SITE:
Ghirardelli Chocolate Company The Ghirardelli Difference <== INFO LINK

THE HISTORY OF CHOCOLATE ==> Ghirardelli Chocolate Company The Rich History of Chocolate

Ghirardelli Chocolate Company Chocolate Varieties <== CHOCOLATE VARIETIES INFO LINK

Are Ghirardelli products kosher? Almost all Ghirardelli products are certified kosher—dairy. Our Sweetened Ground Chocolate & Cocoa and Unsweetened Cocoa are certified kosher—parve.
2010 Kosher List <== LINK KOSHER DEFINED: "Kashrut" comes from the Hebrew root Kaf-Shin-Reish, meaning fit, proper or correct. It is the same root as the more commonly known word "kosher,". NOTE: I HAVE HEARD OF KOSHER FOODS, BUT KNOW LITTLE SO I HAVE PROVIDED LINKS TO GET MORE INFO ABOUT THAT SUBJECT. I LIKE TO LEARN ABOUT FOOD AND TERMS RELATED TO FOODS TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE FOOD TO ALL PEOPLE.
more info: Kosher foods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Judaism 101: Kashrut: Jewish Dietary Laws

Last edited by a moderator:
I had not used chocolate chips for years because of the poor quality of what I had tried (especially too much wax and not enough chocolate :ermm:) until Guittard came out with theirs.

I still prefer to chop the chocolate when I can get Peters brand, but it is so hard to find now. I am pleased with the Guittard, and I can skip the chopping! (However, they are a LOT more expensive than the stuff I like to chop.

There are many chocolate chip companies to choose from.
I am searching and taste testing
chocolate chips to find the best chip
that I can afford to buy.

Some people say claim that really good
chocolate comes from Europe,
I personally shop -- looking for the
MADE IN USA
sticker on the product I purchase.

After all, buying American products, is good for America!
:):):)

Hershey's has been around for many years. Here is info from their
website about their products.

INFO ABOUT HERSHEY CHOCOLATE CHIPS ==> HERSHEY'S | Hershey

HOW THEY MAKE THEIR CHOCOLATE: HERSHEY'S | The Chocolate Making Process | The Hershey Company

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom