Questions about honey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmandaN80

Cook
I am wondering where do you buy creamed honey? Would that be what one would use to make something like chocolate whipped honey? Also, anyone have a recipe? lol
What would happen if you took 'normal' honey and just beat it with the mixer? I am wondering if enough air could be whipped into it to make it creamy or would it just make a mess? Id try right now, but have no honey at all and the car broke so I dont know what time today Ill be able to get to a store.

I guess Ill try and figure it out if no one has a recipe and will let you know how it ends up!
TIA

Making creamed honey does not involve whipping air into it. It's a controlled crystallization process. Try to find it at a local natural foods store.

Thanks! I found a thing that if I use a little bit of already creamed honey and beat that with liquid honey itll end up as creamed honey. It seems like if I want it Ill have to pay the 9 bucks for the already mixed with chocolate and whipped. Thank you all again!

Wait, so if it gets cold itll just turn into creamed honey?

Yes, but...

Naturally crystallizing honey has big crystals that are not great for texture. A controlled creaming process makes tiny crystals that make the honey look creamed.

I learned all this by googling.

Yes, but...

Naturally crystallizing honey has big crystals that are not great for texture. A controlled creaming process makes tiny crystals that make the honey look creamed.

I learned all this by googling.

Thanks Andy! When the baby goes to bed Ill do a google search :)

I did see one site where they talked about doing it at home but didn't read it. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Hi, I'm new here, so bear with me if I do something wrong (but let me know!)
I've always wanted to know how to make creamed honey, so I did a lot of research when I saw your post. There are several good sites with instructions, but here's the link to the one I found most helpful:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Creamed-Honey-DIY/
It's a very concise YouTube video tutorial of how to easily make your own creamed honey. (There are also written step-by-step instructions included on this page.)
One note not included in the video that seems to bear mentioning, is that if you do heat up honey that has already crystalized in an undesirable manner, be sure to skim off any foam or impurities, and you must first cool it to between 70 and 90 degrees, so that you don't also melt your "seed" honey when you stir it in.
Oh, one other thing I saw elsewhere that I feel I should mention: when stirring the "seed" honey in, try not to incorporate air into your mixture.
I know that I'm DEFINITELY going to try this soon, because the controlled crystalization that "whipped" honey creates prevents the nasty crystalization that happens when your standard jar of honey sits in your pantry for an extended time!
There was a mention somewhere among my internet travels that you can add cinnamon into your honey with the seed honey, so I'd try adding cocoa if you want chocolate whipped honey. I read that you're not supposed to add liquid, though. It might be worth sacrificing a small jar of the stuff to try mixing in some gorgeous, melted dark or even bitter chocolate; but I wonder if it would solidify too hard?

Hi, I'm new here, so bear with me if I do something wrong (but let me know!)
I've always wanted to know how to make creamed honey, so I did a lot of research when I saw your post. There are several good sites with instructions, but here's the link to the one I found most helpful:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Creamed-Honey-DIY/
It's a very concise YouTube video tutorial of how to easily make your own creamed honey. (There are also written step-by-step instructions included on this page.)
One note not included in the video that seems to bear mentioning, is that if you do heat up honey that has already crystalized in an undesirable manner, be sure to skim off any foam or impurities, and you must first cool it to between 70 and 90 degrees, so that you don't also melt your "seed" honey when you stir it in.
Oh, one other thing I saw elsewhere that I feel I should mention: when stirring the "seed" honey in, try not to incorporate air into your mixture.
I know that I'm DEFINITELY going to try this soon, because the controlled crystalization that "whipped" honey creates prevents the nasty crystalization that happens when your standard jar of honey sits in your pantry for an extended time!
There was a mention somewhere among my internet travels that you can add cinnamon into your honey with the seed honey, so I'd try adding cocoa if you want chocolate whipped honey. I read that you're not supposed to add liquid, though. It might be worth sacrificing a small jar of the stuff to try mixing in some gorgeous, melted dark or even bitter chocolate; but I wonder if it would solidify too hard?

That is great info!! Thank you so much. I was thinking maybe adding cocoa powder would be the best bet, but Ill try it and Ill post back how it works or if it doesnt. Im off to read all I can right now :) Thanks again for so much info!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom