Quiche to go with pasta dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I might be making this for some friends (6 total including me). See below. I was wondering if there was a nice impressive quiche of some sort I can make to go with it? I did make this Rigatoni Campagnolo for me and my husband not that long ago and it was very very good.

Rigatoni Campagnolo

From this website:
Italian Food Forever - Italian Recipes!

Serves 4 As A Main Course, 6 As A Starter

2 Red Peppers, Roasted, Peeled, And Cut Into 2 Inch Pieces

1 Small Red Onion, Chopped

2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled And Minced

1 (8oz) Package Sliced Mushrooms

4 Links Italian Sausage (Hot or Mild)

3 Tablespoons Olive Oil

1 Cup Dry White Wine

1 (14 oz) Can Imported Crushed Tomatoes

3 Tablespoons Fresh, Chopped Basil

Salt & Pepper

Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)

8 Ounce Package Goat Cheese

1 Pound Rigatoni Pasta

In a heavy saucepan, add the olive oil, and then brown the sausage links well on all sides over medium heat. Remove from the pot. Add the onion and mushrooms, and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, and cook an additional minute or two. Add the white wine, and cook until it is reduced by half. Add the tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if using and mix well. Cut the sausage links into 1/2 inch rounds and add these to the sauce. Cook for about 20 minutes over low heat, or until the sauce has thickened. Add the red pepper to the sauce and keep it warm while you cook the pasta.

Cook the pasta until it is al dente, and then drain. Mix the pasta with the warm sauce. Serve in individual bowls, with a slice of goat cheese on top.

Back
Top Bottom