Re-Heating Battered Foods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
what is the prefered method for this? i have some beer battered fish i want to reheat...should i do it in the oven, nuker?

i have to heat some oil in a shallow pan to fry the tortillos...should i just drop it in that??

Put the fish on a rack in a pan in the oven. The rack will allow heat circulation under the fish. The microwave will make it all soggy. I've never tried re-frying.

Ditto that. Andy knows what he's talking about. Kim does it all the time, and it's just as good the second time.

I also like fried foods cold...:wacko:

VeraBlue said:
How about the broiler?

Beat me to it Vera - I am a broiler fan when it comes to fried food. It gets the "crisp" in their fairly quickly. I don't put it right up on top but down a bit. If I feel it's already warm but not crisping up I will move it up.

Ya, just make sure your toaster oven is hot already before placing the food. My parents always placed food first THEN turned the toaster oven on. And they keep wondering why the food turns out soggy...:wacko:

I can only assume that your "stoneware" is the porous type and not glazed, candelbc. Were it glazed ceramic (which some people call stoneware) you would wind up with "soggy bottom" syndrome ... the same as heating on a baking sheet.

In an oven, under the broiler, or in a toaster oven ... the key is air circulation so that air gets under the food. If previously fried foods are heated directly on a baking pan (with no air circulation under it) the moisture collects and "steams" on the bottom of the food ... thus "soggy bottoms".

If I bake it on my Pampered Chef Stoneware, it seems to crisp up wonderfully.. NOT on broil.. Thank you for clarifying..

-Brad

If it is battered and fried fish you are talking about what I like to do is initially blanch it in the deep fryer, tyhen rest and cool on baking sheets lined with paper towel in the cooler. Then I just finish in the deepfrey per order.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom