Receptive Housemates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No worries.
It's like a bicycle.

Sometimes you just want to run people over and not get caught by the police, like if you were in a car.

Or, you know, you never forget how to ride.

Away.

From the police.

I have always done all the cooking for the family. Even though Hubby #1 was a professionally trained chef, we had an agreement between us. If I was in the kitchen, he ate what I put on his plate. And he stayed out of the kitchen. But if he was in the kitchen, he found out early in our marriage that I am a very picky eater. But the kids loved the foods he made. And I stayed out of the kitchen.

There are some foods I hate. Cooked celery I think tops the list. So if I am making a stew or soup, I cut it into large pieces so I can pick them out easily. Pirate loves cooked celery and hates it raw. He can have my share of the cooked celery. I am a New Englander through and through when it comes to food. Specially seafood.

We got into a conversation a couple of days ago about Boston Baked Beans. So I now have a new 4.5 cup bean pot on its way to me. Large enough to feed the whole family at one sitting.

I love to bake. But for the time being I pretty much stay out of the kitchen. I have someone from Rehab coming next week to show me how I can cook safely and not fall or get burned. But I have been asked to make the Christmas Wreath cake for two homes again this year. I can put all the ingredients together and into the cake pan, Pirate can take care of the baking part. Then I will finish the frosting and decorating.

Psycho-poodle eats whatever I give him... or he doesn't eat. :glare:

CD ;)

Do you leave the food down for him to eat when he wants it? We stopped doing that for Teddy. He has 30 minutes to eat, or will have to wait until at least 5-6 hours have passed before we offer it to him again. By then he is really hungry and cleans his bowl dry.

Do you leave the food down for him to eat when he wants it? We stopped doing that for Teddy. He has 30 minutes to eat, or will have to wait until at least 5-6 hours have passed before we offer it to him again. By then he is really hungry and cleans his bowl dry.

I leave dry dog food down for him. He eats as much as he wants, when he wants. I sometimes give him scraps from my dinner, especially fatty bits of steak, and the juices on the plate. But, I generally put it in his bowl, on top of his kibble, so he doesn't confuse My food with HIS food. It isn't HIS food unless it is in his bowl.

CD

Last edited:
Psycho poodle just texted me, and said "What's up with the bowl thing? Maybe a ittle respect here, and I wouldn't have issues?"

Psycho poodle just texted me, and said "What's up with the bowl thing? Maybe a ittle respect here, and I wouldn't have issues?"

Impossible. I took his smartphone away for sexting the cocker spaniel down the street.

CD

Back
Top Bottom