Recipe Finder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milford

Cook
Is there a web site where you can enter ingredients you have on hand and it can find a recipe for you using those ingredients?
I have a lot of oddball ingredients, and no idea what to do with them unless I buy more stuff to come up with something.

Yup. Google has several specialized search services. If you type in a few ingredients, you'll get a list of recipes that include them.

Milford, allrecipes.com also has an ingredient search. You can just type in what you have, and it will bring up recipes including those ingredients.

Yeah, what they said. Fer instance type:
  • "mac n cheese: rotini, paprika" and it spits back 801,000 macaroni and cheese recipes with rotini and paprika in the ingredients list.
  • "recipe: chicken, shrimp" return 46 million recipes of all kinds that include chicken and shrimp
  • "gumbo: shrimp, sausage, chicken" returns 405,000 recipes for gumbo that include all three meats
  • "gumbo: -shrimp, sausage, chicken" returns 398,000 gumbo recipes with nary a single shrimp in any of them
More than anybody in their right mind would want to know about the topic is here.

Last edited:
Yeah, what they said. Fer instance type:
  • "mac n cheese: rotini, paprika" and it spits back 801,000 macaroni and cheese recipes with rotini and paprika in the ingredients list.
  • "recipe: chicken, shrimp" return 46 million recipes of all kinds that include chicken and shrimp
  • "gumbo: shrimp, sausage, chicken" returns 405,000 recipes for gumbo that include all three meats
  • "gumbo: -shrimp, sausage, chicken" returns 398,000 gumbo recipes with nary a single shrimp in any of them
More than anybody in their right mind would want to know about the topic is here.

So I went to your "here" and started to fall asleep. All that just to find a recipe? I don't know why, but I always start my Google search with "Please Find..." Does Google realize I am hung up on being polite and using my social graces? I need to get a life.

So I went to your "here" and started to fall asleep. All that just to find a recipe? I don't know why, but I always start my Google search with "Please Find..." Does Google realize I am hung up on being polite and using my social graces? I need to get a life.
If you ask Alexa a question like, "How many liters in 4,717 cubic inches?" She pauses 1/8 beat and then proudly and loudly says 77.3 liters. If you then say, "Alexa, thank you." She pauses two full beats and says, "Sure...?"

Last edited:
How about, Chicken breasts, potatoes, enchilada sauce and Slow cooker. What does that get you?

P.S. Thanks for the Google Search info. That I could try and use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom