Recipe Software for Palm Pilots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I have used my palm pilot to keep track of my recipes for a long time now. I enter each recipe as a memo. I alway carry my palm pilot with me so when I am in the super market and I feel like making a dish I have the recipe on hand and can see what I need to buy.

Well my last palm pilot was showing its age so I decided to upgrade. I just purchased the Treo 650 and I love it so much. I am guessing there are some recipe software programs for the palm out there that might be worth looking at, but I don't just want to download them and do trial and error. This is where you guys come in :)

Do any of you currently use any programs like this for your palm? What do they do for you? What do you like or dislike about them? What is the name of the program and where can I find it?

I am sure if there is anything worth having then someone here will know about it since you guys have the pulse on all things food related. Thanks in advance everyone!

PDA Recipes

GB said:
I have used my palm pilot to keep track of my recipes for a long time now. I enter each recipe as a memo. I alway carry my palm pilot with me so when I am in the super market and I feel like making a dish I have the recipe on hand and can see what I need to buy.
GB...
Have you considerd putting your recipes in either Excel or Word then putting them on your PDA?

I keep a currant copy of my medications and medical history, both in Excel, on my Palm. Very handy in the Dr.'s office filling out his questionier.
I haven't looked for Recipe programs but,I am sure they are out there.
I found a Genealolgy program and have my complete Genealogy data base (over 3600 individuals) on my Palm.

It would be easy to move the recipes from a memo to a Word doc.

Good luck,
Charlie

GB...
I just "googled" PDA Recipes and found this...
Application Description:
How Pocket Cook Mobile Works There are four aspects to Pocket Cook Mobile.
Viewing and Creating Recipes Menu Plans Shopping Lists Mobile Access

Pocket Cook Mobile comes with 9,000 recipes that you can use. In addition you can create your own recipes, and in the future be able to automatically import your own recipe collections. All recipes, including your own, can be analyzed by key nutrients, using our sophisticated nutritional analysis software. Recipes can be e-mailed to friends and also printed out. A great feature is the ability to type in a list of ingredients (what you have in the pantry for instance) and have Pocket Cook Mobile tell you what recipes you can make with those ingredients.

SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS
Palm OS 2.0, Palm OS 3.0, Palm OS 4.0, Palm OS 5.0, Palm OS 6.0

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Palm OS 2.0 or higher

Try this one!
http://www.softwarearchives.com/PDA/software_details.cfm?Cat=3&SubCat=10&id=24027

Thanks Hungry. That looks like what i am looking for. Specifically that you can plug in ingredients and it will tell you what recipes you can make. Unfortunately, when I tried to download the program I got a page cannot be displayed message. Hopefully this is just temporary.

I have all my recipes in Word on my computer and also in the notepad in my palm. I find the notepad simple to work with and very handy, but I wanted something more robust like the program you found for me.

Thanks so much Hungry!!!

Back
Top Bottom