Recipes that can be made on a gas range..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chalkeater

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I'm new here, but absolutely love your community from the browsing around I've done. I look forward to getting to know you all better!

I've been living the past 3 years in South Korea, where I teach English. I love everything here - except the limitations on my cooking hobby! Most apartments here don't have ovens, so I'm pretty strictly limited to what can be made on a gas range, rice cooker, or blender.

I was wondering if anyone had some standard recipe suggestions? I love the food here, and eating out is usually cheaper than cooking, but I enjoy cooking very much and would really like to build up a repertoire of things to make at home!

I've lost 120 pounds in the past year and a half, so I tend toward liking healthier, non-processed stuff (though, the occasional treat is more than in order!) and also, since I can easily go to a restaurant to get far better Korean food than I can cook - I usually shy away from cooking that, at least on an everyday basis.

The grocery stores are pretty well-stocked, especially in Seoul - but if the suggestions could shy away from more exotic ingredients (unless they are the eastern asian sort of exotic) that would be very helpful.

Right now, I kind of switch between a stir fry (chicken, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, garlic, onions, green onions sprinkled with lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper and cinammon over a bed of brown rice with some soy sauce) and the Spinach Pie Quesadilla recipe featured here: Cara's Spinach-Pie Quesadillas Quick Weeknight Meals Recipe Contest 2009 | Apartment Therapy The Kitchn

I'd love to get to about 5-7 standard, delicious, healthy recipes, and would GREATLY appreciate any and all suggestions in doing so!

Thanks so much! You guys are great!

Thanks babe!

I've found it very helpful already - it seems very active and friendly.

-Robb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom