Red Lobster Line Cook..what should I expect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, as an update.... I am not yet on the line..

They have started me at alley coordinator. I make sure everything is correct on the plates, add sauces, call for service, etc. It's fairly easy, and I'm able to watch the line do their thing... which, btw, is not really much at all. Yes, everything is prepped in house, but it's all prepped in mass.. There is no creative cooking. A lot of the food is put through a pizza-hut like conveyor belt, fried, or grilled. The only challenging thing in the restaurant is the grill I suppose, where he takes care of the fresh fish, steaks, shrimp and fire-grilled lobster, that stuff needs to be done with at least some skill. But like I said, almost everything is "in-house" "pre-fab".. Not a sautee pan in site.. But hey, it's a start.. I guess

Thanks for the update, Mike. Yes, it is a start, and we all had to start somewhere. Listening, watching and asking questions will all hold you in good stead, I imagine, and after a while, you can take the skills you learn here and add to them either at culinary school or another gig.

There are lots of things you can learn there about working in a kitchen, and some you can't.... but that may well be true for many places.

Keep us up on what you're doing! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom