Rigatoni with Smoked Salmon help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
South Australia, Australia, The southern Hemispher
hi us again being anoying as usual (annoying has 2 n's stupid) (i donk\t care i wasn't finished so leave me alone kim) (also don't doesnt have a k or a \ either)(shut up im writing not u) anyways we have a new assignment and its about hazard foods. Kim has decided to make Rigatoni with Smoked salmon as it contains salmon making it riskey for a sidewalk cafe. she wants to serve it with a salad but we cant think of what to put in it and were wondering if you could help. The ingredients will follow later. Now on to me I am Making a Basil, Feta, Tomato, Mushroom, Capsicum and Onion Quiche as it contains feta and tasty cheeses and has milk also making it a risky food in a side walk cafe. I would also like to serve mine with a small side salad and am looking for ideas.

Rigatoni with Smoked Salmon

200g rigatoni
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup chopped chilli
1Tbs capers
1/2 lemon's rind
1/8 cup lemon juice
150g smoked salmon sliced
black pepper

havent got time to write wats in mine now but will later. Any help would be greatly appreciated
(do u wanna say goodbye kim) (ok)

ok cya guys (and gals) have fun cooking from now until we next speak

Luv Kim :angel: (its your turn now Krysten)

Lookforward to speaking soon
Luv Krysten:ROFLMAO:

(God we are idiots arent we?)(yeah expecially you Im goinng back to the classroom soon u comin?)(yup just gotta finish organising my folder and ill be right there. how 'bout we stop talking to each other through type and annoying these people when we can actually just talk?)(good idea sorry to all the people listening/reading in on our convo and bye from krysten)

Hey K&K, sounds like an interesting project... but tell me something duh, maybe I am missing something but I am not sure what makes smoked salmon or milk "risky" for a sidewalk cafe... can you explain??
Would you like a suggestion for the salad? Or the main course you are making? (the pasta and the quiche)?

For a salad for both I think a simple tossed salad, with mixed greens, thinly sliced cucumber and radish and shaved carrots and radicchio with good evvo + s&p would be the way to go...

For Kim's pasta, I may be wrong but smoked salmon and chilli may clash, a combination I am unlikely to use if I were you... instead, I would opt for a touch of dill. Also white pepper is usually better for fish dishes rather than black.

And be nice to each other!! You guys are not annoying at all, any Qs are welcome girls!! :)

Hi its Kim (hopefully beating Krystens post.

But yeah Krysten is stupid and she wrote chilli instead of dill so thats why it sounds weird. Anyway for my salad i found a recipe that is simply just cherry tomatoes, mixed lettuce leaves, red onion and a bit of lemon juice and oil for a dressing. Is that ok for a pasta dish or does it make a weird combination?

Cya luv Kim:angel:

(sorry you have to read krystens post after this but thats just the way the world works)

Hi It's Krysten, Dairy Products like cheese and milk are risky because if they sit in the sun too long whilst cooked or uncooked they can reach unsafe temperatures for foods like that and start to produce bad bacteria that can make you sike(AKA food poisoning) salmon and all other fish do this and so are a risky food to serve in a sidewalk cafe. I need sugestions of what to put in the salad because i have no idea what to do. I want it to have coral lettuce, basil, feta and cherry tomato's in it but dont know what i should put as a dressing in it, for my main portion of the meal i am making Basil, Feta, Tomato, Capsicum and Onion Quiche that also contains some mixed dried herbs. Any help would be great.

luv Krysten:ROFLMAO:

You are both pretty hard to understand/read but your "fear" of serving things in a salad that is going to be served to a table in a sidewalk cafe is unfounded unless it is sitting on a buffet server for people to serve from for hours and hours. Food doesn't spoil over the period of a meal.

Its not so much the salad that is the risky food it is the main meal that we are serving. The salads are just a side dish sort of thing that are a requirement of the task but do not have to have dairy or fish or chicken. The meals that we are making are rigatoni with smoked salmon which includes salmon (high risk food) and Krysten is making a Quiche which has eggs, milk and other dairy products which are high risk.

Sorry if this is still unclear but it is kinda hard to explain the task without the information that we were given and unfortunately there is too much to type it all in

Luv Kim:angel:

This is no more help.I have NO idea what the "task" is. If you would stop talking about how inept the other is and ask a pertinent question, you might get help.
WHY are they "High risk" foods? None of these are high risk while being served to a table for a meal.

Back
Top Bottom