"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-14-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
Master Chef

Romance and Food

This one comes up every once in awhile. What is the meal you prepared for your loved on the first time around? Or him/her for you? What is your most memorial first date restaurant dinner?

Old 08-14-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Assistant Cook

First dinner I prepared was Lasagna with mozzerella and tomatoes and my most memorable first date restaurant dinner with my g/f was at Cafe del Mar in NYC. We both order the lobster ravioli with the calamari apetizer. For desert we had a "half baked brownie" that was out of this world.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

What immediately came to mind was as a young teen a girl friend that made the best hamburger on the planet. I'd give $100 for right now!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Oh, Claire, what a wonderful thread.

Not a meal for Buck and me. It was wine, cheese and crackers on our first encounter.

After that, we established "Wednesday night" dinner, which is when Buck came to my apartment and I prepared a gourmet meal for him. It was a treat for him, I learned, because his first wife was not a cook at all. (Her signal for cleaning the oven was when a cupcake didn't fit.)

At any rate, we spent many wonderful meals together in my dining room and have been together over 30 years. Guess the way to a man's heart IS through his stomach.

As for the most memorable meal, it was at a restaurant in Ocean City, Maryland on a wonderful winter weekend.

We went to a place, I don't even remember the name any more, that was supposed to have good food and dancing, too.

I'd been looking forward to the weekend and had purchased some fun "duds" to wear to WOW Buck.

We had a fabulous dinner. I don't remember what he had, but I had Coquilles St. Jacques as my entree. We spent a long time enjoying our meal and, from time to time, got up to dance.

My dress was a long, sleek black one with one shoulder strap and a deep slit up to my left thigh. We were dancing away when the vocalist said something like, "Hey, lady! You really need to sew that thing up." Guess the slit was a bit high.

Thanks for causing us to bring forward a wonderful memory.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:19 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I think the first meal I cooked for DH was fettuccine/shrimp/pesto and while not the first, but the most memorable restaurant meal, was at a Macaroni Grill. The food was very good but the company was EXCELLENT!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
It was a real special evening for us...SO special, we biggie sized it.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
Head Chef

My SO and I had our first date and dinner at a reasonably upscale place nearby. I remember that the apps were accompanied by a Cosmo for her, which she promptly spilled on her front. After she cleaned up and exhibited severe embarrassment, we had a great dinner. I know I had duck and she had lamb, both with wasabi mashed potatoes, and that we shared everything. We had a great Pinot Noir, made stupid jokes about wasabi, and generally had a great date. Later, I learned that she was afraid I would never call again--because of the Cosmo spill! Needless to say, I did call again (how could I resist anyone who would be willing to share and share alike) and, 3 years later, we still share each other's meals when we go out.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:08 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT
It was a real special evening for us...SO special, we biggie sized it.
TATT - you da' man!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:17 AM   #9
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
lol, nah, for real though, I did Pan seared maple leaf duck breast, cooked MR, served on a timbale of granny smith apple, andoullie confit with wild berry gastrique, ghee roasted fingerling potatoes with rosemary oil, and Mrs.Tatt says spinach, I can't remember the veg, but I was not thinking spinach, I was thinking asparagus maybe? Been a LONG time, and MANY meals since.

I still love to cook for her. She has a great way of keeping me in check.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Man, you just spoiled everything!!!!!!!! LMAO!

Mr. Kitchenelf says I made my rosemary pesto encrusted lamb for him our third date - I told him no way, I didn't give up that dish that quickly!