Romantic Breakfast in Bed Menu/Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael in FtW said:
Serve me corn flakes and stale coffee .... just keep the kids quite so I can get a full 4-hours sleep!

So much for romance :LOL:

pdswife1 said:
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Oh yummmmmmers!

Ditto, PDS :)

I've never made crepes. Would like to try this one with other fruits too (strawberries, blueberries, etc.) For the banana, think it would be better drizzled with chocolate syrup. See what you think.

Banana and Yogurt Crepes
Total time = 30 minutes Prep time = 15 minutes + Cooking time = 15 minutes

1 3/4 cups low-fat (1 percent) milk
3/4 cup flour
1 egg
1 egg white
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, divided
1 container (8 ounces)low-fat banana or vanilla yogurt
1 banana, diced
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh mint sprigs, optional
Powdered sugar, optional

Whisk together milk, flour, egg, egg whites and 1 tablespoon of honey in a medium bowl. Allow batter to rest five minutes at room temperature.

Heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet; quickly tilt and swirl batter to coat bottom of skillet.

When crepe is lightly browned at edges, use a thin spatula to loosen and turn over. Cook turned crepe about 20 seconds or until lightly browned; slide onto plate to cool. Continue making crepes with remaining batter. To prevent sticking, place a piece of wax paper between each crepe.

Puree yogurt, vanilla and remaining honey in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add diced banana. Spread each crepe with about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture. Roll crepes into cylinders. Place two crepes on each serving plate and garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.

Makes four servings.

lol, this reminds me of the seinfeld episode when george eats ham sandwiches during nookie...i grew up on crepes, rolled with either butter and sugar or preserves. sliced bananas, whipped cream and walnuts is aniother favorite...

buckytom said:
lol, this reminds me of the seinfeld episode when george eats ham sandwiches during nookie...i grew up on crepes, rolled with either butter and sugar or preserves. sliced bananas, whipped cream and walnuts is aniother favorite...

:LOL: I remeber that one, BT. Think there was a pastrami in there some where. We had a place out here called The Magic Pan, that served every crepe you could imagine. Recently on Food TV, there was an episode of a place in New Yawk that opened, serving to-go crepes. They were wrapped like an ice-cream cone & all the goodies were piled up inside & topped with whipped cream etc. Now I'm HUNGRY!!!

mmmm, crepes and ice cream would be really good i think. mish, have you ever had a joisey shaw favorite, waffles and ice cream? a must have when hitting the boardwalk at sleaside heights or point pleasant. a slice of vanilla/chocolate/strawberry ice cream is sandwiched between 2 freshly made, still warm sweet waffles. you have to eat it fast before the ice cream melts.

You're killin' me, BT! I did grow up w waffles n crepes in New Yawk too. Warm Belgium waffles, strawberries & whipped cream was a fav...but, yours I must try.

here's one i saw on t.v. this morning

Peanut Butter Crunch French Toast
Recipe created by Brandt Evans,
Executive Chef and Owner of Blue Canyon Kitchen * Tavern,
8960 Wilcox Dr., Twinsburg, Ohio 44087

Serving for 8

16 slices of Texas toast
4 whole eggs, lightly beaten
½ c. heavy whipping cream
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1 c Peanut Butter
1 t. butter
2 c. crushed corn flakes
1 pint raspberries
1 pint blueberries
1 pint strawberries
1 c. granulated sugar

Whip eggs with heavy cream with spices in mixing bowl. Take peanut butter and spread desired amount between two slices of Texas toast. Place Texas toast in egg mixture and soak for a minute or so then place in crushed corn flakes.

In a non-stick pan or griddle, melt a teaspoon of butter and place Texas toast in. Cook so that each side is a nice golden brown.

In a separate saucepan, take half of the fruit and the granulated sugar and simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat. Place through a strainer and add the rest of the fruit in the syrup mixture. Reserve a few of each of the berries to decorate the plate with.

To plate the Peanut Butter French Toast, put a piece of the Texas toast in the middle of the plate, pour the berry syrup over the top of the French toast. Top with a strawberry and sprinkle the reserved blueberries and raspberries over the top.

Happy Mother's Day!

Ooooh, la, la, Middie. French Toast on Texas bread. YUM!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom