"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

of course it's complicated, there's a woman involved, lol.

good luck and we'll await your report.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:02 AM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
ss, i respectfully have to disagree. your advice might be ok for an older generation, but is also a bit confusing.

you recommend light meals including seafood, and that's exactly what i posted. not a heavy sauce.
first you say don't make spaghetti like mama, but then you say it's ok. i don't get it... i think you might have confused some of the posts.

if zath were dating an older woman then i'd agree about the blouse and sauce. but they're 18. i don't think young women even wear something called a blouse anymore, let alone worry about getting food on themselves.

actually, it's a good test. if a young woman does "slurp" sauce onto herself, (besides being a pig) it's a good indication of how she'll react in other ways.

if she freaks out and demands you run out for club soda, then she's too high strung.
if she insists you pay for the dry cleaning, then she's too high maintenance.
if she starts a food fight so you're both in the same boat, well, you might be onto something there, or she might be crazy. either one, lol.

all of this doesn't matter, though, if she's hot.

ok zath, so get in there, and just be yourself. funny works well, can you be funny?

if you really want to try tricks and smoke and mirrors to get to your goal, find out about a subject she likes and do a little research on it. then include some of this new knowledge in to the conversation, again casually. but then eventually let her know that you researched it to impress her.

for some reason that kind of subterfuge is looked at as you being a caring guy, wanting to please her.
I concur master, my father taught me about the noble art.
1 Women are the best thing God invented,if he had invented anything better he kept it for himself.
2 Never fall asleep before your partner.
3 When a woman is in your arms it matter not a jot what she has done before you.
4 Never revisit a failed romance.
5 Earn enough to heat your house and sleep in the nude.
6 Look at the mother before you marry the daughter.
7 Respect yourself for without that you cannot respect her.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

wow, those are some powerful words, bolas. i agree on the best thing god ever created, but i think i should throw my coat over you and get you safely out of here, away from brandished albeit polished claws, lol.

i have to disagree with #4. there's nothing better than something new but familiar at the same time. inhibitions are easily overcome in that dichotomy of the new and familiar. yay-uh!!!

and the one about the mom, well, we can't hold the sins of the father against the son, so therfore we can't expect a daughter to turn into her mom. not if we tend the fields of her heart first, always, unending.

and pay for the gym membership...

Old 03-30-2011, 02:36 AM   #34
Executive Chef

Tom mate I can take it, after all I am a true British New Age man fully in touch with my feminine side, I found it easy after visiting 20 handbags and shoe shops with my fragrant wife then going back to the first one she visited to buy the first pair she tried on
Ps Tom when younger I found it time to move on when your partner leaves the toilet door open when you are away for the weekend at a romantic hotel
Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 AM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

lol bolas, the fact you noticed the eventual succession of purchase makes you a better man than i. i gloss over and find an inner space when shopping far too easily now.

lol, zath you poor kid.

if you're lucky, she,ll be the love of your life. someone to make something with you so great you find purpose in life, pride in your abilities, and reason for your existence.

no matter, i hope she's hot.

it"s funny to listen to a couple of ol' lions talj about the more toothy days...

lol.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:46 AM   #36
Executive Chef

What do you mean lion before this marriage I was a Jaguar driving Cheetah

Ps its not true,I did have a Jag for work, I drove this for hunting till I could not enter and exit it with dignityClick image for larger version

Name:	Picture 227.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	10385
Old 03-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Begin as you wish to finish. If you are trying to convince her that you cook (but you really don't), then perhaps you are misleading her. If you wish to continue cooking--go for it. If you are only cooking to impress her--hmmmm...that's misleading.

Keep it simple. A salad, a steak, veggies. Simple.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #38
Master Chef

Regardless of the outcome post photos......of her, not the food.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #39
Senior Cook

As a woman in my early 20's I think I can impart a little knowledge. When my husband and I were dating he made me a great meal in his dorm. We had grilled chicken, broccoli, and rice. It was a great meal and was no pressure. We had a great time laughing and talking.

That said, when we do romantic meals now we enjoy the following:

Indoor picnic- make finger foods and small desserts and enjoy them on a blanket on the floor.

Pasta- Pasta goes a million directions. It can be casual or formal. Why not go for thin spaghetti with olive oil, a few diced fresh tomatoes, a little garlic, artichokes and some black olives served with some grated Parmesan.

I know there has been discussions about sauce, I like sauce and if I'm staying over I probably brought at least 2 shirts, so I would say go with a sauce.

We like to pick up a rotisserie chicken, a nice baguette, and make a nice salad and some rice for a meal that comes together in minutes.

Your turkey looked good, why not roast a chicken or try some Cornish game hens.

I'm a little worried you are going to come across as a little over zealous in your romantic endeavor and make her uncomfortable. Sometimes the most romantic and sexy thing a man can do is have a little self control and let things happen in their time. If she doesn't feel respected, it doesn't matter what you do she isn't going to take the bait if she feels like a piece of meat.

betterthanabox.org
betterthanabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #40
Assistant Cook

Better than a box! Brilliant! Roast chicken or cornish hens would be perfect! There is literally no other word for it!

I really appreciate the advise guys, really I do, I was going to go with a seafood mediterranean stew, I had cooked for friends with saffron rice, it's like the italian seafood but a little lighter, last time I used scallops squid salmon and mussels.

Okay so now all I need to know is the best recipe for roast chicken, now no arguing, everyone has one which they've sworn by i'm sure.

I just read a good one which includes pricking a lemon all over and sticking it in the cavity of the chicken.

The way I got that turkey to look as such was by using a rubber spatuala to separate the skin from the meat, This done I proceeded to rub a half pound of butter under and over the skin mmm moist.

I'm in the hat, and I have since cut my hair don't worry ;) I have also joined the gym and gained 22lbs of lean muscle I say lean because my body fat is around 5% The girl is not at the table, as I said it's complicated.

Another of the turkey, before

After

My friends REALLY loved it

The idea was that everyone bring one dish and I cook the gobbler it was fantastic.
So the best roast chicken? Let the games begin!