"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 03-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

You can lift the skin and put sage or rosemary under the skin between the meat and the skin.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
What do you mean lion before this marriage I was a Jaguar driving Cheetah

tyAttachment 10385
I got a '67 classic restored MGB for my 16th birthday (maghony steering wheel, spin off hubs, rag top--sweet). You wanna know how many of the boys wanted to go out with me so that they "might" get to drive my car?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:12 AM   #43
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I got a '67 classic restored MGB for my 16th birthday (maghony steering wheel, spin off hubs, rag top--sweet). You wanna know how many of the boys wanted to go out with me so that they "might" get to drive my car?
Fantastic car and for your birthday even better, what color was it?
I was brought up with stick shifts, the box on the MGB was a bit difficult how did you manage?
The best car that I ever owned was a 1969 1293cc Mini Cooper s with a gas flow head and twin choke webbers. I loved cars and M/bikes then, my best bike was a triton that we built using a Norton feather bed frame and a 650cc Triumph Bonny engine, I wish I was young again
Old 03-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #44
Executive Chef

Zath man that looks very civilised, good job on the turkey, I like the hat did the roof leak
Old 03-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, bolas.

i wonder how many got that?

i've been looking into buying a new mini cooper. their dealership is right across the street from my office. i know a few guys who have them that like them.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:40 AM   #46
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Don't forget the Dean Martin.
If you swim in da sea, somethin' bitsa your knee, that's a Moray...
Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 AM   #47
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
lol, bolas.

i wonder how many got that?

i've been looking into buying a new mini cooper. their dealership is right across the street from my office. i know a few guys who have them that like them.
Tom mate the bmw mini looks a sweet car, I have never tried one, I fell in love with the cooper s when as a kid we went to Oulton Park to watch Dan Gurney race the coopers in a Nascar Ford Galaxy, Gurney could drive but the track is full of bends which suited the coopers. The coopers looked like they would fit in the trunk of the Galaxy.
I was blown away when I saw the late Mike the bike Hailwood on the same track when he signed for the new company Honda, apart from being a very generous man with his time he rode a bike like he was part of it.
I was clocked at 125mph on a 125cc Yam going downhill into cascades in a club race. This was on a Spanish track some years ago age and lack of bottle meant I finished well downClick image for larger version

Name:	img056.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	10399
Old 03-31-2011, 12:59 AM   #48
Head Chef

So don't keep us in suspense. How did it go, and what did you serve. Did anyone else notice that just the guys were concerned with whether or not the lady was hot? If there ever end up being wedding bells you owe us all invitations! Well, okay maybe just the recipes for the reception dinner.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:47 AM   #49
Senior Cook

I coat my turkey with bacon. Always comes out perfect! i do the same with chicken. :)
Old 03-31-2011, 06:23 AM   #50
Executive Chef

Bolas, in 1973, when we lived in U.S. Navy housing in Bremerton, Wa., we had a neighbor who had just returned from a tour of duty in Lockerbie, Scotland. He brought back a Scottish wife and an Austin Mini. One day while working on the engine of this tiny, tiny car, he dropped a wrench. It never did fall out the bottom, and in fact I don't think you could even see the ground from any vantage point in the engine compartment! It was the first differential engine I had ever seen. I also recall him saying something about having to reach through a hole in the back of the glove box in order to reach the oil filter. Whether or not that was true, I don't know, but it makes for a fun story and makes a statement about how cramped it was around the engine.

I kid you not, his name was Maxwell Smart!