Romantic meal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a '67 classic restored MGB for my 16th birthday (maghony steering wheel, spin off hubs, rag top--sweet). You wanna know how many of the boys wanted to go out with me so that they "might" get to drive my car?
Fantastic car and for your birthday even better, what color was it?
I was brought up with stick shifts, the box on the MGB was a bit difficult how did you manage?
The best car that I ever owned was a 1969 1293cc Mini Cooper s with a gas flow head and twin choke webbers. I loved cars and M/bikes then, my best bike was a triton that we built using a Norton feather bed frame and a 650cc Triumph Bonny engine, I wish I was young again:(

Zath man that looks very civilised, good job on the turkey, I like the hat did the roof leak;)

lol, bolas.

i wonder how many got that?

i've been looking into buying a new mini cooper. their dealership is right across the street from my office. i know a few guys who have them that like them.

lol, bolas.

i wonder how many got that?

i've been looking into buying a new mini cooper. their dealership is right across the street from my office. i know a few guys who have them that like them.
:) Tom mate the bmw mini looks a sweet car, I have never tried one, I fell in love with the cooper s when as a kid we went to Oulton Park to watch Dan Gurney race the coopers in a Nascar Ford Galaxy, Gurney could drive but the track is full of bends which suited the coopers. The coopers looked like they would fit in the trunk of the Galaxy.
I was blown away when I saw the late Mike the bike Hailwood on the same track when he signed for the new company Honda, apart from being a very generous man with his time he rode a bike like he was part of it.
I was clocked at 125mph on a 125cc Yam going downhill into cascades in a club race. This was on a Spanish track some years ago age and lack of bottle meant I finished well downimg056.jpg

So don't keep us in suspense. How did it go, and what did you serve. Did anyone else notice that just the guys were concerned with whether or not the lady was hot? If there ever end up being wedding bells you owe us all invitations! Well, okay maybe just the recipes for the reception dinner.

Bolas, in 1973, when we lived in U.S. Navy housing in Bremerton, Wa., we had a neighbor who had just returned from a tour of duty in Lockerbie, Scotland. He brought back a Scottish wife and an Austin Mini. One day while working on the engine of this tiny, tiny car, he dropped a wrench. It never did fall out the bottom, and in fact I don't think you could even see the ground from any vantage point in the engine compartment! It was the first differential engine I had ever seen. I also recall him saying something about having to reach through a hole in the back of the glove box in order to reach the oil filter.:LOL: Whether or not that was true, I don't know, but it makes for a fun story and makes a statement about how cramped it was around the engine.

I kid you not, his name was Maxwell Smart! :ROFLMAO:

Fantastic car and for your birthday even better, what color was it?
:(
She was canary yellow and her name was Maggie. The only problem I had was that in the rain, the drive shaft <?> would lock and I'd have to go under the hood with the jack handle and the copper hammer and tap it back into position so she'd start. She was really, really sweet.

The boys in town (I lived in a small town) would pick her up and turn her around so she was facing the wrong way if I'd parallel parked. And, I had a terrible time keeping a gas cap-that was "stolen" regularly. My older brother used to sneak her out to X-rated drive-in movies...I used to park her behind the house but he'd still sneak her out--and in the winter, my folks made me put her up on blocks, but come spring, the wheels went on, the top came off, and Maggie and I were on the road! And, my mom, who worked as a surgical RN and worked emergency call, would keep clean panties in the glovebox...my Mom loved driving Maggie when she was on call...

I loved Maggie...there was a local back road that had the most amazing "S" curves and racing Maggie on those "S" curves with the top down was...well, now I'd say dangerous, but at the time, beyond fun.

My brother had his choice of cars when he turned 16--for some reason, he picked a Dodge Colt station wagon. I went with the sexy car--but, I will say this, the man who restored Maggie only would sell it to my folks if I promised to wear the seatbelt. This was before the seatbelt law. I have worn my seatbelt everytime I've been in a car since Maggie.

Last edited:
Game day today ;)

Things are different now, I emmigrated to Canada from England 6 1/2 years go.

I can either afford a car and no insurance, or insurance and no car!

See my problem? I did however extend the lease on my sisters colbolt for a month, that was wild!

MGB's are great little cars, I've always loved the look of them.

Aston martin DB5, a great car to own. My dad had a jaguar XJR, which we once went 250km/hr in (in England) and after that he bought a jaguar XK8.

OOO one of my favourites of his was a BMW 840, that's a rare car, look it up. Gorgeous!

Now we have a Merc CLK 320 which we got a DEAL on (we lost basically all our money when business stuff didn't work out) but with my dad's job he has a car allowance hehe :D Too bad he won't give me the keys, and now he hides them as he got it on the Thursday and went out with my mother on friday night and I went out with the Mercedes! It was gorgeous. I wish I could take it out tonight to pick her up!

Where are those keys I wonder ;)

So I don't have a mixer just a blender, so i'll have to mix the egg whites by hand, any tips?

Bolas, in 1973, when we lived in U.S. Navy housing in Bremerton, Wa., we had a neighbor who had just returned from a tour of duty in Lockerbie, Scotland. He brought back a Scottish wife and an Austin Mini. One day while working on the engine of this tiny, tiny car, he dropped a wrench. It never did fall out the bottom, and in fact I don't think you could even see the ground from any vantage point in the engine compartment! It was the first differential engine I had ever seen. I also recall him saying something about having to reach through a hole in the back of the glove box in order to reach the oil filter.:LOL: Whether or not that was true, I don't know, but it makes for a fun story and makes a statement about how cramped it was around the engine.

I kid you not, his name was Maxwell Smart! :ROFLMAO:
The original Smart car, Selkie mate they were a small car but I was more agile then so if you got in the back and pushed the seat forward you could have a reasonable Tete a Tete:D
The standard Mini had a terrible pudding stirrer gearstick and the state owned company that made them made a loss on every car. We had a pit to do routine oil changes ect.

She was canary yellow and her name was Maggie. The only problem I had was that in the rain, the drive shaft <?> would lock and I'd have to go under the hood with the jack handle and the copper hammer and tap it back into position so she'd start. She was really, really sweet.

The boys in town (I lived in a small town) would pick her up and turn her around so she was facing the wrong way if I'd parallel parked. And, I had a terrible time keeping a gas cap-that was "stolen" regularly. My older brother used to sneak her out to X-rated drive-in movies...I used to park her behind the house but he'd still sneak her out--and in the winter, my folks made me put her up on blocks, but come spring, the wheels went on, the top came off, and Maggie and I were on the road! And, my mom, who worked as a surgical RN and worked emergency call, would keep clean panties in the glovebox...my Mom loved driving Maggie when she was on call...

I loved Maggie...there was a local back road that had the most amazing "S" curves and racing Maggie on those "S" curves with the top down was...well, now I'd say dangerous, but at the time, beyond fun.

My brother had his choice of cars when he turned 16--for some reason, he picked a Dodge Colt station wagon. I went with the sexy car--but, I will say this, the man who restored Maggie only would sell it to my folks if I promised to wear the seatbelt. This was before the seatbelt law. I have worn my seatbelt everytime I've been in a car since Maggie.
Great memories, the Mgb on song had a great warbleing exhaust note, she would have been very pretty with non standard knock on wire wheels, the car of my dreams then was the Austin Healy 3000.:)

Game day today ;)

Things are different now, I emmigrated to Canada from England 6 1/2 years go.

I can either afford a car and no insurance, or insurance and no car!

See my problem? I did however extend the lease on my sisters colbolt for a month, that was wild!

MGB's are great little cars, I've always loved the look of them.

Aston martin DB5, a great car to own. My dad had a jaguar XJR, which we once went 250km/hr in (in England) and after that he bought a jaguar XK8.

OOO one of my favourites of his was a BMW 840, that's a rare car, look it up. Gorgeous!

Now we have a Merc CLK 320 which we got a DEAL on (we lost basically all our money when business stuff didn't work out) but with my dad's job he has a car allowance hehe :D Too bad he won't give me the keys, and now he hides them as he got it on the Thursday and went out with my mother on friday night and I went out with the Mercedes! It was gorgeous. I wish I could take it out tonight to pick her up!

Where are those keys I wonder ;)

So I don't have a mixer just a blender, so i'll have to mix the egg whites by hand, any tips?
Yes buy a mixer and save your hand for other things;).
One of my big brother companies made the alloy wheels for Jags, my first Jag was a 23yrs old XK 150 in 1973, I drove it to Munich and sold it for cash, I then bought a left hooker red Porsche 2.2 litre 911 targa with a surrey top. I drove it back to the UK, I left London in a hurry:cool: at 03.00 and got to Chester at 04.45 about 200 mls:)

Back
Top Bottom