Rotisserie Style Chicken Breast question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heatherbinca

Assistant Cook
Hi!!! I have a recipe from AllRecipes and I am going to make it with chicken breast and not the whole bird.

Can anyone give me advice on how to bake them? Should I just stick to 350 for 30-45 minutes until it hits 160? OR should I cook them at 250 for 2 hours?

Another question, should cover?

I am trying to plan out dinner and I know my hubby will love this style chicken

Any advise is very helpful! Oh, and I know the temp should be at 160, but I like to serve dinner at 5:30pm sharp! and want to try and plan....

Thanks!!!!
Heather

Last edited by a moderator:
Heather, question: Do your chicken breasts have the bones or are they boneless? If you are using bone-on breasts (which would be the best way to go here, imo) I recommend cooking them at the higher temp, but to give them about 30 minutes and check the temp. From there, you can probably guage how much more time they'll need to reach 160.

On a side note: Why not do the whole chicken and save the extra for other dishes. The leftovers can be great for a few good uses. Cut the meat into strips to add into a meal-sized salad, or cube up the meat and make a quick chicken pot pie, or even simpler, add the meat into a chinese chicken stir fry or a italian style pasta toss. It would definately help out your food budget in the long haul.

Back
Top Bottom