Salisbury steak, do you make it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine has always been homemade. We don't much care for the already prepared versions that are in the grocery store.

+1
I've even made meatballs out of the meat mixture instead of the steaks.

I haven't made it in a long time, but it sounds so good I think I'll add it to this week's menu.

I've made it with beef gravy and I've made it with tomato sauce. I prefer the beef gravy

I made SS a long time ago, it was really good. Will have to scrounge up the recipe. Mine had mushroom gravy.

Me, too, Craig. I even have a recipe called "Mrs. Schneider's Giant Meatballs" that is very much like salisbury steak in meatball form. Yum. We might have to have those this week.:yum::yum:

Great idea! My next move with them is sliders!;)

Katie H said:
Mine has always been homemade. We don't much care for the already prepared versions that are in the grocery store.

Yes I don't like it from store. So figure ill try this. I tend to make everything from scratch a lot of packaged foods have red dye in it.

Yes I don't like it from store. So figure ill try this. I tend to make everything from scratch a lot of packaged foods have red dye in it.

A lot of prepackaged foods have quite a bit of stuff that I wouldn't care to eat in them.;)

I've never made it. Actually, I don't think I've eaten it since school lunches about 50-55 years ago. It's pretty much a mini meatloaf with onion gravy, right?

I've never made it. Actually, I don't think I've eaten it since school lunches about 50-55 years ago. It's pretty much a mini meatloaf with onion gravy, right?

Depends on your version, but pretty much as you describe. If I'm feeling fancy, I'll make it as a version of stroganof.:yum:

I like it as "skillet meatloaf" w/gravy. I use mashed potato as binder...makes it very tender. Onion and mushroom gravy w/ thyme. Very nice.

Robo410 said:
I like it as "skillet meatloaf" w/gravy. I use mashed potato as binder...makes it very tender. Onion and mushroom gravy w/ thyme. Very nice.

Sounds good.

Me, too, Craig. I even have a recipe called "Mrs. Schneider's Giant Meatballs" that is very much like salisbury steak in meatball form. Yum. We might have to have those this week.:yum::yum:

Would you be willing to share this recipe?:chef:

I fine dice onion, red peppers and green peppers into ground beef, do not add any binder, pan fry until it has a good sear on the outside and then pour onion-mushroom gravy over for the final cook of about 15 minutes.

Interesting. As Here, I've never had this like Meat Loff, or Meat Balls..

it is always like, .40 said, a "minute Steak"

but with gravy made from canned Tomatoes..

Cool, Eric, Austin Tx.

Back
Top Bottom