Same Restaurant, Different day, Different chef, not the same taste..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cooking4to, please don't exaggerate what I say or put words in my mouth. No one said to be ashamed or hide anything or anything about judging or that you're not wanted. I hoped you might thoughtfully consider another point of view but I guess not. Good night.

I live in a small town out in the middle of nowhere, off the beaten path - you pretty much have to intend to come here. :LOL: I've seen so many little restaurants here come and go over the past few decades, but one comes to mind - it's a tiny little mom and pop French restaurant, that no one ever thought would last. They're only open 4 days a week - 2 hours for lunch, then they close again until the 3 hour dinner shift. They close down for 6 weeks every summer so the owners can go back to France and visit family. This year will be their 13th year in business!

Quality food, consistency, and great service has kept them going for so long. They're an awesome couple.

Last edited:
That's neat, Cheryl! So nice to have a TNT with excellent food!

We don't eat out much. We're a half hour from a grocery store and I hate to run out of anything, so I keep a well-stocked pantry. We grow and put up a lot of our food and buy mostly local grown meat and eggs. We're sort of spoiled on quality ingredients.

Eating out is mostly a matter of convenience, but I do like consistency and quality. Like the little cafe where we stop for breakfast on our way to town (aka The Big City). Perfect over easy eggs every time, crisp fresh made hashbrowns and the waitress knows exactly when to refill your coffee. And the little bistro near work where I grab lunch a couple of times a week...good ingredients, homemade soups and never a slimy leaf in the salads. We tend to steer away from restaurants if the food or service isn't up to par more than once.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom