Sauce for rotini and chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rotini = spiral shape noodles

How do replicate the sauce from those lipton chicken flavored noodle... Almost like a very thin, cut short fettuccine.* They come in those tear open pouches.** I am thinking about using rotini and chicken pieces.* Any ideas.* Be prepared to supply plan 'B's as i am limited in supplies and money for now.*

Basically what i have at hand is chicken broth, onion soup mix, olive oil, milk, eggs, flour, miracle whip, real unsalted butter, ranch dressing, parmasian cheese, soy sauce, worst-whachamacallit sauce.. Lol ( i think its worstchestershire)

No not all together.* Can any of those make a good pasta sauce that would compliment my idea rotini and chicken.

Start with these (I tried them and loved them. Nice small thin rotini and did cook to perfect in 3 minutes).

IMG_1625.PNG

Cook and drain (save some pasta water if needed for sauce).
Then use a bit of butter and flour to make a small amount of roux. Use the chicken broth to make a thin sauce. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat. Alternatively you can poach a chicken breast and use that broth to make sauce. Cube chicken add to sauce with pasta and toss. You could use cornstarch and water slurry to thicken broth if you don't want to use flour. If using cornstarch add a bit of butter at the end to get that creaminess.

To save on clean up. You could probably cook the pasta and chicken (cut chicken small) together in the broth. Cook chicken partially then add the pasta to the broth to cook. Then add butter and thicken with cornstarch or roux.

Last edited:
Cook the pasta, and make a Alfredo sauce using the chicken broth in place of the cream. Top with your Parmesan cheese. S&P to taste.

IMHO , about the closest you can come to a true alfredo sauce in the US is a mixture of heavy cream and butter heated until bubbles start to appear, then lots of parm reg until you get the thickness of a nice sauce, then microplane in a bit of nutmeg. There's a WORLD of difference between that sauce and an "Alfredo" made with a roux.

IMHO , about the closest you can come to a true alfredo sauce in the US is a mixture of heavy cream and butter heated until bubbles start to appear, then lots of parm reg until you get the thickness of a nice sauce, then microplane in a bit of nutmeg. There's a WORLD of difference between that sauce and an "Alfredo" made with a roux.

Right. White sauce plus cheese is mornay sauce.

Thanks for the idea. I held off.. Still plan on doing something. If i use the chicken broth itself wouldnt be soupy?

How would i thicken that sauce.

Other potential problem is what i have is rainbow rotini.from what i research all i can find in recipes is cold salads pastas.

Can rainbow rotini be used like a chicken alfredo?

As a plan b i also have penne ragati

Thanks for the idea. I held off.. Still plan on doing something. If i use the chicken broth itself wouldnt be soupy?

Other potential problem is what i have is rainbow rotini.from what i research all i can find in recipes is cold salads pastas.

You can use the rotini any way. Recipes call for it in salads where its colors are more part of the show.

You could thicken the chicken stock as a gravy with some butter and flour. Or you could add some cream and reduce it.

In my post I gave suggestions on how to thicken.

I use those pasta sides (Knorr Brand) for quick side dishes an have made homemade.

Back
Top Bottom