Seafoam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brukky

Assistant Cook
Looking at your dishes ironchef, I think you might be able to help me on this, maybe a couple other people. I know the basics behind making "seafoam" or "divinity" for a pastry use, but what about just for presentation on an appetizer, etc. I've never really had the chance to try this out, and was wondering if anyone could help me on it?

Thank you.

What I was really wondering about was... the classic way, "divinity" is all about egg whites. Is this still true? Or are chefs now adays just making a froth basically?

hahahaha - no wonder I "missed" this question - I'm the Queen of DONOTBAKE around here! Someone will come along. :chef:

Brukky said:
Thank you.

What I was really wondering about was... the classic way, "divinity" is all about egg whites. Is this still true? Or are chefs now adays just making a froth basically?

You can still do it with egg whites, but then the sauce will be limited to just that. Most chefs prefer to use non-egg based sauces these days so that's why many foam-type emulsion sauces are dairy based. Regarding a froth, what would be the difference between that and a foam? To me it's the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom