Searing tortillas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ncage1974

Senior Cook
I don't know anyone who knows this but i'm going to give it a try. For those who have ate at Taco Bell / Roly Poly. They put thier burritos / Wraps into a type of panini press and the tortilla comes out nicely marked without the fillings in the tortilla getting ultra hot. The things on taco bells menu that they do this with is the grilled stuffed burrito and the crunch wrap. Do you know how they acomplish this. I tried to do this with my panini press and it turned into a disaster. Yes i could nicely mark the tortilla but everything inside becauses VERY hot which is not what i want to happen. Any Ideas?

thanks,
Ncage

it's not searing, it's not grilling. it's pressing on a huge industrial press.

it's not searing, it's not grilling. it's pressing on a huge industrial press.

Ok so what is the secret of these industrial presses? Do they get extremly hot (i would think filling would get hot also)? Anyway to duplicate this at home?

try a foreman grill... maybe.
or a grill pan with a castiron skillet over your tortilla.

forget Taco Bell...... that is if you can find local flour tortillas in the grocery store.......if you can then just heat a skillet on the stove or an iron skillet....grease lightly (not butter) and place the tortilla in the pan when it puffs up turn it over and wait a few seconds..... remove....then proceed with the rest.......this takes minutes......you can't leave the pan, though....we're talking seconds per tortilla and you don't need any special equipment either.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom