Seasoning Question-Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy

Senior Cook
I have a recipe that calls for Durkee Ethnic Creations Ancho Seasoning...does anyone know at what grocery store I can buy it at or is it like chili powder or what exactly?

Sorry Roxy, I tried to find it but struck out.

Maybe you have a recipe this is called for. If so, you can post it and I am sure someone will come along with a substitute.

Sorry, I will not be ignoring you but will be unavailable for a while.

Good luck.

Harris Teeter if you are in the South East. Or online I guess that would only work if you aren't in a hurry. It also appears Sam's Club carries the product, so maybe Wal-Mart would too. Here's a number to call 1- 877-4453-1638 and ask where to find in your area.

Seeing you have given us no idea where in the world you are located, here's a recipe you can mix up from store bought herbs and spices available almost anywhere, and then keep in a sealed jar in your spice cupboard:

2 Tbs ground ancho chili powder
2 tsp powdered, minced, or granulated garlic
1 Tbs oregano, crushed
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp orange zest
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Here are the ingredients:

Salt, Ancho Chile Pepper and Other Spices, Dehydrated Garlic, Dehydrated Red and Green Bell Peppers, Dehydrated Onion, Sugar, Red Pepper, Spice Extractive.

Hey Caine,your spice mixture looks incredible. Just reading the ingredients makes me think of mole.And actually you've just given me the idea to mix up a batch without the garlic powder and the oregano,to give an extra kick to hot chocolate. Thanks for the recipe!!

I have been on the phone trying to find it in my area..no luck..however..if anyone is looking for spices..I do have phone numbers. I was given a phone number to order it.

1-877-453-1638-Durkee to order
1-800-247-5251-Spice Advice Phone Number

Why do you need it so badly?

You'll pay an arm and a leg for it if you special order it.

I am sure you can sub something available in your store.

Plus, I listed the ingredients for you.

I would rather have the Durkee stuff...I meant by better...price wise and maybe availability?? Sorry should have defined that. I am still looking for it too though...someone told me over the phone to use Spice Island. I am going to the grocery store this weekend so hope it is there.

Good news:) I went to FoodMaxx today and they had the Durkee Ethnic Creations Ancho Seasoning. Buy it at FoodMaxx if you are looking for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom